RSGB News in UK now transmitted via MT63 every Sunday

  • Steve Richards
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2005
      Dear fellow MT63 enthusiasts,

      This is just to let you know that the Radio Society of Great Britain has now
      formally adopted MT63 as the preferred mode for transmitting the GB2RS
      weekly news bulletin. The news is generally read in voice each Sunday by
      up to 100 stations across the UK on HF, VHF and UHF. The experimental
      data bulletin has been unofficially broadcast every Sunday
      for many months now, but following excellent reports of accuracy and
      reliability I'm delighted to tell you that transmissions are now following
      a regular schedule.

      All transmissions are 1kHz bandwidth with long interleave.
      If you would like to try and receive the broadcasts on Sunday's, the schedule is
      as follows:

      At 2015 UK local clock time on 3592.0 kHz USB and 14109.5 kHz USB
      (If the F2 critical frequency is very low, the 14MHz transmission will be
      replaced by 7092 kHz USB).

      At 2045 UK local clock time on 1992.0 kHz USB and 5279.0 kHz USB
      (If 5279.0 kHz is busy with traffic, 5259.0 kHz will be used instead).

      I hope, like me, that you find this news very exciting for the mode that we
      enjoy.

      Reports on the transmissions will be gratefully received by Gordon Adams
      G3LEQ using gb2rs@...

      Regards,
      Steve G4HPE

    • karl larsen
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8, 2005
        Hi Steve I would like to get your bulletins but really doubt I can
        copy even the 20 meter transmission here in the state of New Mexico. And
        folks further West will also have a problem. So I have a solution if we
        can get a station on the EAST Coast of the USA to copy the bulletin and
        then relay it West. This will take some doing but it can work and will
        bring back the ARRL American Radio Relay League :-)

        73 Karl K5DI