Mini DIN plugs

  • Omar Shabsigh
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2005
      Hi Group;

      This is not an out of topic question. I want to connect my PC sound card to
      the FT-100D. I bought the mini DIN plug to insert in the FT-100D but I think
      I shall destroy it while soldering the wires. It is too small.

      I remember seeing on the web or in a message somebody describing how to
      solder the wires to DIN and mini DIN plugs. If any body here on this group
      knows about it, I'll appreciate it to tell me how.

      Best 73 from 39 degrees C in Damascus.

      Omar YK1AO
    • Pete
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 24, 2005
        I would get an old keyboard and chop lead off so you have the mini din on
        one end strip wires back and connect to whatever fits your computer 9 pin
        or 25pin plug which is easier to wire up. or splice the two cables
        together .
        73 de Pete zl2aub

        This is not an out of topic question. I want to connect my PC sound card to
        the FT-100D. I bought the mini DIN plug to insert in the FT-100D but I think
        I shall destroy it while soldering the wires. It is too small.

        I remember seeing on the web or in a message somebody describing how to
        solder the wires to DIN and mini DIN plugs. If any body here on this group
        knows about it, I'll appreciate it to tell me how.

        Best 73 from 39 degrees C in Damascus.

        Omar YK1AO

        Over 1 billion served! The most music videos on the web.
        Click to Watch now!
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/xmKGzA/IARHAA/kkyPAA/CPMolB/TM

        Yahoo! Groups Links