MT63 using MultiPSK

  • n0hnj
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2005
      Has anyone had success using this program for MT-63? I just got it to
      try out, and can't seem to get it to decode even strong signals in
      that mode.

      I believe I have everything set correctly, but have to assume I'm
      overlooking something. I use the bandwidth of .5, and the short
      interleave (not the very short option). I can see the trace on the
      waterfall perfectly, and it fits the bandwidth exactly.

      I have MT63 selected as the mode, with the reception normal and not
      inverted. The sound card level shows around 12 to 15%. I've tried
      locking the offsets at 0, and tried letting them float. All I get is
      gibberish. When I switch over to IZ8BLY's software, the decoding is
      perfect!

      Anyone have an idea of what I've missed in my setup that is causing this?

      Thanks in advance!
      Dave
      N0HNJ
    • swl0720
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
        Having the same trouble with MixW...always used long/1000 and worked
        fine. Maybe the narrower band width is more frequency sensitive. If
        I turn off manual tuning (of the waterfall) and use the vfo to tune
        the signal in it works SOME times.....that's a real pain. Will
        check out the MultiPSK soon as I hear an MT63 station.
        73 Rich K2TFT