Re: Test on 20 m .......

  • PY3CRX PY2PLL
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 1999
      Hi Rolf:

      Great! I took a shoot and transmitted some "CQs" but I know that at this
      time you probably was asleep :o).

      If I inserted the UTC time at least we know "when" the sigs arrived. The
      PSK31 from Europe at the time I transmitted was about S0 to S3 (EA, RU3) and
      2 FeldHell QSOs I did before with 449 signals (100hz BW, 50 watts stations
      on France and Italy - abt 01:00 UTC).

      I used 50 watts "total" power, Mag Loop antenna 1 meter diameter. The rig is
      Kachina 505 and the freq was 14061.000 +/- 4Hz from 15MHz WWV signal
      (calibrated yesterday).

      I'll be listening/calling from 23:00 UTC, at Z+00, Z+15, Z+30 and Z+45 up to
      we got something or 03:00 UTC if not.

      73
      Marcus,
      PY3CRX/PY2PLL

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 1999
        Hi Marcus !

        Saw your signals captured on the terminal screen again this morning.

        Amazing first of all that anything arrives here in the far northern region
        at that time of the morning ( it is 3 AM our time if you transmit at 2300 PM
        ). The ionosphere is probably not very propagation friendly during the early
        morning hours.
        It is even more amazing when you consider your power and antenna ! The
        MT63-concept of spreading a low speed message over a fairly wide bandwidth
        seems to work !

        Now you could whish that someone will design a more MT63-adapted user
        interface. I guess that you also use the Terminal ( Windows Accessory )
        after first starting ( via Peters Loadevm ? ) the MT63-code.

        So, about scheds, I will add the transmit time to my signals in the future
        and further try to automate transmission as to form a beacon kind of
        activity.

        Must run Marcus, but will be on tonight at around 1900 GMT ( UTC ).

        73's de Rolf/ SM0HP

        ashion.
        whith its lAs this mode gets more attention in the ham community, can hope
        that the user inteface

      • Coombe Down
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3, 1999
          Guys,

          I hate to be picky, but I don't think it's a good idea to run MT63 tests on
          14.061 MHz USB.

          This is firmly in the CW section of the band, and while it might seem quiet
          much of the time
          around there, the users like it that way! This is the area frequented by QRP
          Morse, Hellschreiber
          and other CW modes. The QRP Morse guys in particular get upset by
          wideband/high power
          interference, and I'd rather not have them give digital modes an even worse
          reputation than
          at present!

          MT63 is a wideband high power mode, despite its low throughput, and should
          be operated
          up the other end of the band. In fact, the 2K mode MUST be operated in the
          so-called SSB
          section.

          I would suggest you stick to the MT63 calling frequency - 14.347 Mhz USB.

          Good luck with the interesting tests.

        • rolf.folkesson@xxxxxx.xx
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 3, 1999
            Hi Murray !

            Yes, I have understood that the somewhat "wideband" spectrum generated by
            mt63 may not be to everyones liking in the cw portion of the band even if
            the mt63 multicarrier signal really spreads the power over the spectrum and
            consequently causes less interference to narrowband services.
            I guess someone posted 14061 KHz to be used for mt63 because other EVM
            activities ( MTHell, FeldHell ) found a home there.

            However we will move our testing to 14 347.0 KHz as from today.

            I usually call CQ between 1900 - 2100 UTC. Trying both 1k and 2k spreading.
            My receivers are on 24 hours/day logging any acquired signals.

            Best 73's de SM0HP / Rolf

            P.S., Marcus, I looged your 01:57 UTC mt63_1k signal last night !

            D.S.