Re: Test on 20 m .......

  • py2pll@xxxxxxx.xxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 30, 1999
      I'm avialable for tests, MT63 1K and 2K, 30/20/17/15/12 and 10 meter BUT
      durying working days I'm here from 00:00 UTC to 04:00UTC only ..

      73
      Marcus, PY3CRX/PY2PLL

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 31, 1999
        Rolf:

        I would certainly like to set up a sked. I did hear some MT63 on Sunday
        evening, but before I could get the program booted up, they were gone.

        Let me know a good time and freq for you. My best times are from 2300 to
        0300 UTC on weekdays; my weekend times are usually more open.

        73 Steve
      • rolf.folkesson@xxxxxx.xx
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 31, 1999
          Hi Marcus !

          I left my EVM on in 1k-mode last night after calling cq at several
          occasions. When I looked at the screen this morning,your CQ-sequencies where
          there !
          So, now we have to find a common scheduling time.
          I'm not sure how many hours difference there is between you and me, so tell
          me you best time for a schedule Marcus.

          Cuagn marcus !

          73 de Rolf/ SM0HP

        • PY3CRX PY2PLL
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 1999
            Hi Rolf:

            Great! I took a shoot and transmitted some "CQs" but I know that at this
            time you probably was asleep :o).

            If I inserted the UTC time at least we know "when" the sigs arrived. The
            PSK31 from Europe at the time I transmitted was about S0 to S3 (EA, RU3) and
            2 FeldHell QSOs I did before with 449 signals (100hz BW, 50 watts stations
            on France and Italy - abt 01:00 UTC).

            I used 50 watts "total" power, Mag Loop antenna 1 meter diameter. The rig is
            Kachina 505 and the freq was 14061.000 +/- 4Hz from 15MHz WWV signal
            (calibrated yesterday).

            I'll be listening/calling from 23:00 UTC, at Z+00, Z+15, Z+30 and Z+45 up to
            we got something or 03:00 UTC if not.

            73
            Marcus,
            PY3CRX/PY2PLL

            I left my EVM on in 1k-mode last night after calling cq at several
            occasions. When I looked at the screen this morning,your CQ-sequencies where
            there !
            So, now we have to find a common scheduling time.
            I'm not sure how many hours difference there is between you and me, so tell
            me you best time for a schedule Marcus.

            Cuagn marcus !

            73 de Rolf/ SM0HP

            GET WHAT YOU DESERVE! A NextCard Platinum VISA: DOUBLE Rewards points,
            NO annual fee & rates as low as 9.9 percent FIXED APR. Apply online today!

            - The MT63 Reflector -
            MT63@onelist.com
          • rolf.folkesson@xxxxxx.xx
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 2, 1999
              Hi Marcus !

              Saw your signals captured on the terminal screen again this morning.

              Amazing first of all that anything arrives here in the far northern region
              at that time of the morning ( it is 3 AM our time if you transmit at 2300 PM
              ). The ionosphere is probably not very propagation friendly during the early
              morning hours.
              It is even more amazing when you consider your power and antenna ! The
              MT63-concept of spreading a low speed message over a fairly wide bandwidth
              seems to work !

              Now you could whish that someone will design a more MT63-adapted user
              interface. I guess that you also use the Terminal ( Windows Accessory )
              after first starting ( via Peters Loadevm ? ) the MT63-code.

              So, about scheds, I will add the transmit time to my signals in the future
              and further try to automate transmission as to form a beacon kind of
              activity.

              Must run Marcus, but will be on tonight at around 1900 GMT ( UTC ).

              73's de Rolf/ SM0HP

              ashion.
              whith its lAs this mode gets more attention in the ham community, can hope
              that the user inteface

            • Coombe Down
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 3, 1999
                Guys,

                I hate to be picky, but I don't think it's a good idea to run MT63 tests on
                14.061 MHz USB.

                This is firmly in the CW section of the band, and while it might seem quiet
                much of the time
                around there, the users like it that way! This is the area frequented by QRP
                Morse, Hellschreiber
                and other CW modes. The QRP Morse guys in particular get upset by
                wideband/high power
                interference, and I'd rather not have them give digital modes an even worse
                reputation than
                at present!

                MT63 is a wideband high power mode, despite its low throughput, and should
                be operated
                up the other end of the band. In fact, the 2K mode MUST be operated in the
                so-called SSB
                section.

                I would suggest you stick to the MT63 calling frequency - 14.347 Mhz USB.

                Good luck with the interesting tests.

              • rolf.folkesson@xxxxxx.xx
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 3, 1999
                  Hi Murray !

                  Yes, I have understood that the somewhat "wideband" spectrum generated by
                  mt63 may not be to everyones liking in the cw portion of the band even if
                  the mt63 multicarrier signal really spreads the power over the spectrum and
                  consequently causes less interference to narrowband services.
                  I guess someone posted 14061 KHz to be used for mt63 because other EVM
                  activities ( MTHell, FeldHell ) found a home there.

                  However we will move our testing to 14 347.0 KHz as from today.

                  I usually call CQ between 1900 - 2100 UTC. Trying both 1k and 2k spreading.
                  My receivers are on 24 hours/day logging any acquired signals.

                  Best 73's de SM0HP / Rolf

                  P.S., Marcus, I looged your 01:57 UTC mt63_1k signal last night !

                  D.S.