OLIVIA report

  • Txema
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2005
      HI folks !
      I know that's not the right place but I'm sorry
      I don't know If there are at the moment an existing OLIVIA
      group then I decide to send that right here.- This is a
      short list of stns. heard here .. From 15:00 UTC on 25/02
      to 08:00 UTC on 26/02 .. QRG was 14.108.50 USB dial readout.-

      VK6XT
      WB2JEP
      KA2HZO
      W5YM
      W6JVE
      K5DI

      S57TTI
      HB9BDM
      OH3QN
      DF1HK
      DJ2UK
      DL5ABH
      OH/DK4ZC
      OH2HN
      DL1SWN
      G3JYF
      OH7JJT
      TA3BQ

      That's all .. PSE don't forget and give a try
      also on MT63 .. Also when condx improves a
      little bit maybe we all can try some different
      settings on Olivia like 4/500/4 or 2/250/4 ..
      Made here some tests even with VK and it worked
      fine.-

      73 de Txema - EA2AFR
    • dubose@texas.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2005
        Most of our signal reports on data transmission are mostly antidotal...it has
        always been the nature of signal reports on the ham bands.

        But now perhaps its time to do something a little different.

        Perhaps adoption of a standard 5-20KB file and trasnmit by various modes and
        simply record the time it took to transmit the file and a rough SWAG at the
        band conditions...would be a more meaningful test of how good the various
        modes perform.

        As far s Olivia or MT63 are concerned...since one is the daughter of the
        other, why not just keep Olivia reports/conversations here since I think most
        individuals running MT63 are interested in Olivia.

        73 all,

        Walt/K5YFW

        Quoting Txema <txema_ea2afr@...>:

        > HI folks !
        > I know that's not the right place but I'm sorry
        > I don't know If there are at the moment an existing OLIVIA
        > group then I decide to send that right here.- This is a
        > short list of stns. heard here .. From 15:00 UTC on 25/02
        > to 08:00 UTC on 26/02 .. QRG was 14.108.50 USB dial readout.-
        >
        > VK6XT
        > WB2JEP
        > KA2HZO
        > W5YM
        > W6JVE
        > K5DI
        >
        > S57TTI
        > HB9BDM
        > OH3QN
        > DF1HK
        > DJ2UK
        > DL5ABH
        > OH/DK4ZC
        > OH2HN
        > DL1SWN
        > G3JYF
        > OH7JJT
        > TA3BQ
        >
        > That's all .. PSE don't forget and give a try
        > also on MT63 .. Also when condx improves a
        > little bit maybe we all can try some different
        > settings on Olivia like 4/500/4 or 2/250/4 ..
        > Made here some tests even with VK and it worked
        > fine.-
        >
        > 73 de Txema - EA2AFR

      • Steve Friis
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 28, 2005