Re: 40m should it be LSB or USB ?

  • jim_ag3y
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 10, 2004
      I agree with what has been said here concerning the rig sideband mode
      to be used for the digital soundcard modes.

      RTTY, because of its established defacto standards, should remain in
      LSB, if for no other reason, for consistancy of the frequency
      readout.

      The soundcard modes should all be USB, simply because of the
      resulting frequency readout will also be consistant, and in the case
      of some polarity sensitive modes such as MFSK will be readable by the
      majority of hams without having to worry about "upside-down vs.
      rightside-up tones" etc.

      Thanks for the personal EMails on the subject. I just wanted to
      express my opinion here on the public forum too!

      73, Jim
    • Ronald Walters
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 10, 2004
        I agree Jim, lets get standard and use only USB on all digital but RTTY

        I agree with what has been said here concerning the rig sideband mode
        to be used for the digital soundcard modes.

        RTTY, because of its established defacto standards, should remain in
        LSB, if for no other reason, for consistancy of the frequency
        readout.

        The soundcard modes should all be USB, simply because of the
        resulting frequency readout will also be consistant, and in the case
        of some polarity sensitive modes such as MFSK will be readable by the
        majority of hams without having to worry about "upside-down vs.
        rightside-up tones" etc.

        Thanks for the personal EMails on the subject. I just wanted to
        express my opinion here on the public forum too!

        73, Jim

        << Try MT63 on 80m - great fun!>>

        - The MT63 Reflector -
        MT63@egroups.com

        (To unsubscribe. send email to
        MT63-unsubscribe@onelist.com)

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Steven Friis
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 13, 2004
          MixW has the software where it Does give the correct readout. In my
          version, 2.12, you set the display in "view//spectrum//(mode)" and the
          frequency readout on the waterfall/spectrum display reads the corrected
          frequency readout. This is why I chose to use this method. However, I am
          just in favor of everyone using what works for them. I just want to see
          more people take advantage of the soundcard modes. I really am hoping
          that more people do take advantage of MT-63, as well as many of the
          other modes available, to include RTTY, MFSK and PSK31.

          CW Still lives, by choice.