Re: [MT63] 40m should it be LSB or USB ?

  • rwalters8@cfl.rr.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 10, 2004
      Francois,

      I never suggested that LSB was the preferred choice but I ask the question what sideband you would be operating. If I was on LSB and you were on USB then I would get no copy. I agree with all of the previous reply's that MT63 should use USB regardless of the band. Keeps it consistent for all users. Still hope to hear you on 40 meters and I guess it will be USB 1000hz although there is discussion by some that here in the states we are restricted to 500.

      Regards,

      Ron W4LDE

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 10, 2004
        I agree with what has been said here concerning the rig sideband mode
        to be used for the digital soundcard modes.

        RTTY, because of its established defacto standards, should remain in
        LSB, if for no other reason, for consistancy of the frequency
        readout.

        The soundcard modes should all be USB, simply because of the
        resulting frequency readout will also be consistant, and in the case
        of some polarity sensitive modes such as MFSK will be readable by the
        majority of hams without having to worry about "upside-down vs.
        rightside-up tones" etc.

        Thanks for the personal EMails on the subject. I just wanted to
        express my opinion here on the public forum too!

        73, Jim
      • Ronald Walters
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 10, 2004
          I agree Jim, lets get standard and use only USB on all digital but RTTY

          I agree with what has been said here concerning the rig sideband mode
          to be used for the digital soundcard modes.

          RTTY, because of its established defacto standards, should remain in
          LSB, if for no other reason, for consistancy of the frequency
          readout.

          The soundcard modes should all be USB, simply because of the
          resulting frequency readout will also be consistant, and in the case
          of some polarity sensitive modes such as MFSK will be readable by the
          majority of hams without having to worry about "upside-down vs.
          rightside-up tones" etc.

          Thanks for the personal EMails on the subject. I just wanted to
          express my opinion here on the public forum too!

          73, Jim

          << Try MT63 on 80m - great fun!>>

          - The MT63 Reflector -
          MT63@egroups.com

          (To unsubscribe. send email to
          MT63-unsubscribe@onelist.com)

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Steven Friis
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 13, 2004
            MixW has the software where it Does give the correct readout. In my
            version, 2.12, you set the display in "view//spectrum//(mode)" and the
            frequency readout on the waterfall/spectrum display reads the corrected
            frequency readout. This is why I chose to use this method. However, I am
            just in favor of everyone using what works for them. I just want to see
            more people take advantage of the soundcard modes. I really am hoping
            that more people do take advantage of MT-63, as well as many of the
            other modes available, to include RTTY, MFSK and PSK31.

            CW Still lives, by choice.