Re: MT63 Spec

  • Erik Gawtry
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 8, 2004
      --- In MT63@yahoogroups.com, dubose@t... wrote:
      > The latest source I found was dated 18Jul 2004 (mt631x-0.5-
      1.src.rpm) and 12
      > Jul 2004 (mt631x-0.5.tar.gz). Both locates at
      > http://he.fi/pub/ham/unix/linux/hfmodems
      >
      > Walt/K5YFW

      Great! I will see if this works better. It will take a little
      time, I am retooling for this since I gave up several months ago and
      am just getting back into it. I will post again with any issues.

      Thanks,
      -Erik
    • Karl Larsen
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 8, 2004
        On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 dubose@... wrote:

        > The latest source I found was dated 18Jul 2004 (mt631x-0.5-1.src.rpm) and 12
        > Jul 2004 (mt631x-0.5.tar.gz). Both locates at
        > http://he.fi/pub/ham/unix/linux/hfmodems
        >
        > Walt/K5YFW

        I have the "tar ball" of the original MT63 from Poland. It, of
        course, contains the Source Code which I did compile. So if you want the
        best words they are in the Source Code.

        > > posted
        > > >
        > > > What bugs? Where did you download the code from?
        > > >

        > > I am using the Linux 0.4 code (the latest I could find).
        > > Here is my main bug:
        > > ------------------
        > > Bug 7: There is a 32 character lag. Junk is received until there
        > > are 32 characters sent, then the data appears. At the end 32
        > > characters of junk need to be transmitted so the data can complete.
        > > ------------------
        > > What I am doing is trying to adapt the code to a DLL. It doesn't
        > > work at all there, but that may be my fault. This will be
        > > distributed (with source) as an example for a user program interface
        > > into an updated well-known ham radio program (I am not allowed to
        > > say exactly before release).
        > >
        > > If I can get the Linux version working correctly, I can use it to
        > > debug the DLL version.
        > >
        > > -Erik
        > >

        > > << Try MT63 on 80m - great fun!>>
        > >
        > > - The MT63 Reflector -
        > > MT63@egroups.com
        > >
        > > (To unsubscribe. send email to
        > > MT63-unsubscribe@onelist.com)
        > >
        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Tomi Manninen
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 9, 2004
          On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 20:49, Erik Gawtry wrote:

          > I am using the Linux 0.4 code (the latest I could find).

          As said by others, 0.5 is the latest version. There shouldn't be
          any major differencies between those versions though.

          > Here is my main bug:
          > ------------------
          > Bug 7: There is a 32 character lag. Junk is received until there
          > are 32 characters sent, then the data appears. At the end 32
          > characters of junk need to be transmitted so the data can complete.
          > ------------------

          Hmm. Maybe there is something wrong in the way you use the code.
          Could be something to do with the way the interleaver is filled.
          I don't know.

          Maybe you could take a look at how I use it in gMFSK
          (http://gmfsk.connect.fi/). That works at least.

          > What I am doing is trying to adapt the code to a DLL. It doesn't
          > work at all there, but that may be my fault. This will be
          > distributed (with source) as an example for a user program interface
          > into an updated well-known ham radio program (I am not allowed to
          > say exactly before release).

          Remember that you can't use the GPL code to produce a DLL that
          gets linked to a non-open source program. You need to either stick
          to the 0.4 version and comply with it's license or ask Pawel for
          a special permit.

          --
          Tomi Manninen / OH2BNS / KP20ME04