Re: [MT63] Re: MT63 Spec

  • dubose@texas.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 8, 2004
      The latest source I found was dated 18Jul 2004 (mt631x-0.5-1.src.rpm) and 12
      Jul 2004 (mt631x-0.5.tar.gz). Both locates at
      http://he.fi/pub/ham/unix/linux/hfmodems

      Walt/K5YFW

      > > > I have been attempting to use the MT63 source that has been
      > posted
      > > > on the net. There are a lot of bugs and I need a reference, is
      > > > there any MT63 specification out there that I can look at?
      > >
      > > What bugs? Where did you download the code from?
      > >

      > I am using the Linux 0.4 code (the latest I could find).
      > Here is my main bug:
      > ------------------
      > Bug 7: There is a 32 character lag. Junk is received until there
      > are 32 characters sent, then the data appears. At the end 32
      > characters of junk need to be transmitted so the data can complete.
      > ------------------
      > What I am doing is trying to adapt the code to a DLL. It doesn't
      > work at all there, but that may be my fault. This will be
      > distributed (with source) as an example for a user program interface
      > into an updated well-known ham radio program (I am not allowed to
      > say exactly before release).
      >
      > If I can get the Linux version working correctly, I can use it to
      > debug the DLL version.
      >
      > -Erik

    • Erik Gawtry
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 8, 2004
        --- In MT63@yahoogroups.com, dubose@t... wrote:
        > The latest source I found was dated 18Jul 2004 (mt631x-0.5-
        1.src.rpm) and 12
        > Jul 2004 (mt631x-0.5.tar.gz). Both locates at
        > http://he.fi/pub/ham/unix/linux/hfmodems
        >
        > Walt/K5YFW

        Great! I will see if this works better. It will take a little
        time, I am retooling for this since I gave up several months ago and
        am just getting back into it. I will post again with any issues.

        Thanks,
        -Erik
      • Karl Larsen
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 8, 2004
          On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 dubose@... wrote:

          > The latest source I found was dated 18Jul 2004 (mt631x-0.5-1.src.rpm) and 12
          > Jul 2004 (mt631x-0.5.tar.gz). Both locates at
          > http://he.fi/pub/ham/unix/linux/hfmodems
          >
          > Walt/K5YFW

          I have the "tar ball" of the original MT63 from Poland. It, of
          course, contains the Source Code which I did compile. So if you want the
          best words they are in the Source Code.

          > > posted
          > > >
          > > > What bugs? Where did you download the code from?
          > > >

          > > I am using the Linux 0.4 code (the latest I could find).
          > > Here is my main bug:
          > > ------------------
          > > Bug 7: There is a 32 character lag. Junk is received until there
          > > are 32 characters sent, then the data appears. At the end 32
          > > characters of junk need to be transmitted so the data can complete.
          > > ------------------
          > > What I am doing is trying to adapt the code to a DLL. It doesn't
          > > work at all there, but that may be my fault. This will be
          > > distributed (with source) as an example for a user program interface
          > > into an updated well-known ham radio program (I am not allowed to
          > > say exactly before release).
          > >
          > > If I can get the Linux version working correctly, I can use it to
          > > debug the DLL version.
          > >
          > > -Erik
          > >

          > > << Try MT63 on 80m - great fun!>>
          > >
          > > - The MT63 Reflector -
          > > MT63@egroups.com
          > >
          > > (To unsubscribe. send email to
          > > MT63-unsubscribe@onelist.com)
          > >
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Tomi Manninen
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 9, 2004
            On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 20:49, Erik Gawtry wrote:

            > I am using the Linux 0.4 code (the latest I could find).

            As said by others, 0.5 is the latest version. There shouldn't be
            any major differencies between those versions though.

            > Here is my main bug:
            > ------------------
            > Bug 7: There is a 32 character lag. Junk is received until there
            > are 32 characters sent, then the data appears. At the end 32
            > characters of junk need to be transmitted so the data can complete.
            > ------------------

            Hmm. Maybe there is something wrong in the way you use the code.
            Could be something to do with the way the interleaver is filled.
            I don't know.

            Maybe you could take a look at how I use it in gMFSK
            (http://gmfsk.connect.fi/). That works at least.

            > What I am doing is trying to adapt the code to a DLL. It doesn't
            > work at all there, but that may be my fault. This will be
            > distributed (with source) as an example for a user program interface
            > into an updated well-known ham radio program (I am not allowed to
            > say exactly before release).

            Remember that you can't use the GPL code to produce a DLL that
            gets linked to a non-open source program. You need to either stick
            to the 0.4 version and comply with it's license or ask Pawel for
            a special permit.

            --
            Tomi Manninen / OH2BNS / KP20ME04