Fw: A data transmission of GB2RS will be on 5MHz and 1.9MHz today

  • Steve Richards
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2004
      Dear fellow MT63 enthusiasts,

      You may be interested in the following message. Here in the UK, we are regularly transmitting
      our national societies' (RSGB) weekly news bulletin using MT63 on 160m, 80m and our
      experimental allocation of 60m. It would be interesting to know whether our friends outside
      the UK can hear some of these.

      There is much interest here in using non-ARQ modes for national emergency bulletins, as
      well as exploring the performance of the ARQ modes.

      Regards,
      Steve G4HPE

      Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2004 10:20 AM
      Subject: A data transmission of GB2RS will be on 5MHz today

      An experimental GB2RS News bulletin will be transmitted on 60m channel FC,
      nominally 5.290MHz, today, commencing at 1331 local time.

      The mode in use will be MT63 on upper sideband, using 2kHz bandwidth and 'long' interleave.

      The transmission will break as appropriate in order not to affect any GB3RAL beacon transmissions.

      Reports will be welcomed, either to gx0baa@... or to steve@....

      For those who are interested in following these test transmissions, you may like to know that
      an MT63, 1kHz, long interleave GB2RS transmission will also be taking place at approximately 2045
      local time, on 1.993MHz USB. This is just prior to the voice reading which occurs at 2130
      on 1.990MHz LSB.

      Regards,
      Steve G4HPE