EVM Software

  • py2pll@xxxxxxx.xxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 16, 1999
      Hi ...

      I've been looking for EVM apps for a while (a RTTY one). I found a 100 baud
      / 170Hz RTTY modem.

      Is there any 170/200 Hz shift, 45baud modem available for EVM? I use RITTY
      for Sound Card actually but would like to see EVM modem performance
      comparing with K6STI routines. The idea is to use a different terminal
      program with this modem ...

      BTW, I'm available on MT63, FeldHell, SlowHell, PSK31, 15x25, from 10MHz to
      30MHz to any tests. Has downloaded most of the EVM packages I found.

      73
      Marcus, PY3CRX/PY2PLL
      http://www.unetsul.com.br/py2pll
      ---
    • Coombe Down
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 17, 1999
        Marcus,

        No, I don't know of any 45 baud RTTY applications for the EVM.

        I think we need to have "reference" versions of several different
        modems, so we can compare one with another using the same
        platform and the best techniques. We would quickly learn which
        is best under different circumstances.

        Others I would like to try are Coquelet, Piccolo, SSTV, AMTOR
        (particularly Mode B), Pactor, and MSK as used on LF.

        Some months back Pawel SP9VRC volunteered to make an
        EVM version of Coquelet for me, and I must get the specs
        to him so he can get started. I understand that at one stage
        Peter G3PLX tried Piccolo, but the details are hazy.

        Are there any EVM programmer volunteers out there?

      • py2pll@xxxxxxx.xxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 17, 1999
          Hi Murray ...

          >No, I don't know of any 45 baud RTTY applications for the EVM.
          >I think we need to have "reference" versions of several different
          >modems, so we can compare one with another using the same
          >platform and the best techniques. We would quickly learn which
          >is best under different circumstances.

          I was looking for this RTTY/45bd to compare to some other RTTY
          implementations, basically K6STI routine. I have the V2.37 (registered) and
          I heard that he stopped at 3.04. It's a great modem: things that I can't
          decode with Mix31 or a domestic 7910 modem pop up on Brian's routine.
          Unfortunately he left the market and actually he's unreachable via e-mail.
          So I was figuring if somebody wrote some good modem using EVM. I know, RTTY
          is simple and EVM give room for more interesting apps but ... :o)

          >Others I would like to try are Coquelet, Piccolo, SSTV, AMTOR
          >(particularly Mode B), Pactor, and MSK as used on LF.

          On the EVM packages I've found I remember to use AMTOR/PACTOR on EVM. Worked
          ok ... even windowed on W98. As I remember, I needed to do "something" to
          put it running ... may be the routines are too big to PLX loader to handle
          so loadevm.exe refused to upload (said more than XXX lines). So I uploaded
          using Motorola software then switched cables and start the DOS application
          ... I guess ...

          Well, from time to time I call usingMT63-1K on 14060/061 USB, mainly if I
          can't hear AMTOR/FeldHell/CW there - between 21:00 and 04:00 UTC. But my
          single QSO was with Fred (OH/DL4ZC), several months ago :o(

          Thanks es 73
          Marcus, PY3CRX/PY2PLL