Re: [MT63] Re: NO SEE MT63

  • Jason Buchanan
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 30, 2004
      wb8wka wrote:

      >OK, that is good info.
      >
      >Since he is running MIXW, has he calibrated his sound card yet? As I
      >have said before, until I did this, I couldn't recieve MT63.

      I had a similar situation, except that I could not send to anyone. I
      could receive fine after I did the WWV calibration but no one could
      receive what I was sending.

      I had the best luck using IZ8BLY's Hellschreiber terminal to receive
      what I was sending and changed MixW Clock adjustment, ppm to send in a
      straight line. I wound up using 4189 for my TX clock adjustment in MixW
      which sent a perfectly straight line. I then used BLY's terminal to
      send to MixW and adjusted the receive setting in MixW until it received
      in a straight line from BLY.

      To use both programs you have to select Wave Out on your sound card
      settings so that your PC "hears" what is being sent out of the
      speakers. Or, you could use a stereo 1/8 cable and create a loopback
      audio cable by plugging the line output into the line input.

      FWIW, in MixW my sample rate is 11050
      RX is 85
      TX is 4189

      Your settings will very likely not match mine, i'm posting them here so
      you can get an idea how far you might have to change the clock to get it
      right.

      Afterwards I have had perfect success with all digital modes.

      73 Jason N1SU
    • Brian Carling
      Message 2 of 16 , May 1, 2004
        Pete we need to know this too:

        MixW version number, Options and settings.

        On 1 May 2004 at 9:38, Greenman Family wrote:

        > Pete failed to give the rest of the information.
        >
        > I had a QSO with him last night, and found that he had 10Hz offset
        > between TX and RX, but that certainly should not stop MT63. I got
        > perfect copy of his MT63 using MIXW, but he could not copy me, and has
        > not copied anyone else of late. He gets good copy in all other
        > digi-modes.
        >
        > Pete, I think you are using MIXW, but it would help the experts if you
        > gave details such as operating system, computer speed, and what might
        > have changed since it last worked!
        >
        > 73,
        >
        > Murray ZL1BPU

        > ---------------------~--> Over 1 billion served! The most music videos
        > on the web. Click to Watch now!
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/1ZDxEA/IARHAA/kkyPAA/CPMolB/TM

      • Brian Carling
        Message 3 of 16 , May 1, 2004
          What frequency do you us eon 80m Jason?
          I want to try it more often.

          On 30 Apr 2004 at 22:07, Jason Buchanan wrote:

          73 Jason N1SU

          << Try MT63 on 80m - great fun!>>
        • Jason Buchanan
          Message 4 of 16 , May 1, 2004
            Brian Carling wrote:

            >What frequency do you us eon 80m Jason?
            >I want to try it more often.

            I've had the best luck around 3580, however it has been a while since
            i've been on 80m because my 80 meter antenna is down. Getting the house
            re-roofed pretty soon.

            I've used 500Hz short and 1000Hz short on 80 and had success and I think
            KN4LF has had success on 160 with it.

            My experience has been that 14109 is the only place you can go and find
            regular QSOs - for any other place it's best to email the lists and put
            together a sked.

            I'm planning on putting a 275 foot dipole up fed with ladder line for
            this fall/winter - at 40 feet off the ground I won't be doing so hot on
            160 but it does work - I have a few QSL cards for various modes with a
            160m dipole 25 feet off the ground.

            73 Jason N1SU
          • Greenman Family
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 30, 2004
              Jim, Bill etc,

              80m was really noisy here last night, and we ran the usual Friday night
              digital modes net on MT63. Perfect copy all round. Perhaps you should start
              a net to generate interest in this mode?

              Bill, maybe your problem was POWER. I use a dipole antenna, and generally
              run about 5W, sometimes as low as 100mW output, and I work all over the
              country. I have also worked several other countries on 80m at this power
              level, and MT63 can be copied when the signal is not discernable on the
              waterfall. You simply do not need much power, and it might be that your high
              powered signal is causing overload somewhere.

              Yes indeed - TRY MT63 ON 80 METRES, GREAT FUN!

            • Karl Larsen
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 31, 2004
                On Sat, 31 Jul 2004, Greenman Family wrote:

                > Jim, Bill etc,
                >
                > 80m was really noisy here last night, and we ran the usual Friday night
                > digital modes net on MT63. Perfect copy all round. Perhaps you should start
                > a net to generate interest in this mode?

                I think a net would be fun Murray but not now. You (and I)
                forget that it's Summer here and Winter in New Zealand. When it's Winter
                here we in the USA need to try a 80 meter net. Now it's not very good up
                here.