Re: [MT63] still trying

  • Brian Carling
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13, 2004
      I can get on right now.

      Going live - AF4K !!

      On 14 Apr 2004 at 0:23, tom wrote:

      > I am on 14.109.500
      >
      > still havent made a single mt63 contact
      >
      > is there any body out there???
      >

      > is there a 40m freq?
      >

      > tom
      >
      > w8fik

      > ---------------------~--> Over 1 billion served! The most music videos
      > on the web. Click to Watch now!
      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/1ZDxEA/IARHAA/kkyPAA/CPMolB/TM

    • Brian Carling
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 2004
        Well Tom, are you there?

        I am calling you and calling CQ, BUT:

        1)The usual digi QRM (Pactor?) is there

        2) We have a pair of braying asses on there in SSB also.
        They started out with the girl singing for about 60 seconds and then struck up a
        conversation.

        My MT63 signal is still going "CQCQCQ" but apparently you have given up or can't
        hear me.

        Try to give me a little more notice next time and we will have a QSO.

        The band is wide open, but ALAS for the MT63 guys the principle that now applies
        top 14109.5 almost all of the time is:

        "USE IT OR LOSE IT."

        Perhaps the situation in Europe is a bit better, but here in North America I think
        the outlook for using that spot is rather bleak...

        I may start looking for guys off to the side if this keeps up every time I try!

        Brian AF4K