Distorted signal and tnx to VE2FT

  • franky4me_too
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2004
      For the last 10 or 15 days I have been calling CQ with no succes and
      was starting to guess that maybe, just maybe, something could be
      wrong with my signal. I have been using a laptop for the last 2
      weeks.
      Thanks to Gilles, VE2FT I was able tonite to make a few tests on
      3590. Gilles was receiving me loud but could not copy my signal. On
      MFSK16 he got only a word here and there PSK31 was OK.
      I seriously started to suspect distortion from my sound card. I found
      that with low vollume from the computer vollume control and the sound
      card that the sound of my mt63 signal was verry different than with
      the high vollume that my interface needs to key my transmitter,
      Distorsion is thus my problem.

      I will make new test with a set of loudspeakers between my computer
      and my rig, using the headphone plug from the loudspeaker set to feed
      my interface, this seems to correct the problem... keeping my toe
      fingers crossed.

      Fran├žois VE2KV