Re: Digest Number 605

  • jim_ag3y
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2003
      Hello Murray, it's great to see you on the reflector again!

      I sit in amazment at your success in running such low power. My
      experience has been that the error rate esculates rather rapidly if
      the tones are not fairly visable on the "waterfall" or audible in the
      speaker.

      I know you have an excellent web page with the theory and application
      of this excellent mode, but could you briefly share with us some of
      the methods you use to get the error rate down when the signals are
      so low in level as to be hardly audible or visible on the waterfall?

      Do you use DSP or extra filtration?

      We all love this excellent mode and would love to learn more about
      how to make it work even better for us.

      Thanks again for your hard work in developing and promoting this
      wonderful mode!

      73 and Happy New Year from Jim AG3Y

      --- In MT63@yahoogroups.com, "Greenman Family" <coombedn@i...> wrote:
      > Since you guys are discussing MT63 on the lower bands, I'll tell
      you of my
      > experiences.
      >
      > I've used MT63 on 80m quite a bit, and have no trouble working
      2000km or
      > more on 1W.

      I typically run 1W - there's never