Divide by Zero error

  • Bill Ayer
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2003
      In Alabama Navy MARS we have been using MT63 with great success. Most
      members are up and running, but one has a problem.

      Here is his description of the problem; "When I activate MT63 the screen
      comes up and immediatly in the lower right corner of the screen appears one
      or two cascaded blocks that says "division by 2 or by zero".The machine is
      locked down and I can'tr even perform a normal shutdown."

      His computer has an AMD K6-2 350 Mhz.CPU running Windows 98. This friend
      would describe himself as a novice when it comes to computers.

      He uninstalled the program and reloaded a fresh downloaded version with the
      same result. I know that earlier MT63 was working fine for him.

      All suggestions would be appreciated.

      FYI, on the MARS 3 and 4 Meg frequencies we run MT63 2000Hz long interleave
      and find it much faster and less error prone than Amtor FEC. We can even
      send MT63 and carry on voice communication at the same time with solid copy
      on both! Truly amazing!

      de Bill KB4IJ
    • Brian Carling
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 16, 2003
        I have never used Amtor, but I can't imagine it being anywhere CLOSE To as
        reliable as MT63.

        So glad to hear you folks are using MT63 with success on MARS.
        What frequency (if you are allowed to divulge)?
        I would like to read the mail from down here in Florida and see how the signal
        quality looks. How do I set up for 2000 Hz wide in MixW?

        All the best - Brian

        On 11 Nov 2003 at 18:18, Bill Ayer wrote:

        > In Alabama Navy MARS we have been using MT63 with great success. Most
        > members are up and running, but one has a problem.
        >
        > Here is his description of the problem; "When I activate MT63 the
        > screen comes up and immediatly in the lower right corner of the screen
        > appears one or two cascaded blocks that says "division by 2 or by
        > zero".The machine is locked down and I can'tr even perform a normal
        > shutdown."
        >
        > His computer has an AMD K6-2 350 Mhz.CPU running Windows 98. This
        > friend would describe himself as a novice when it comes to computers.
        >
        > He uninstalled the program and reloaded a fresh downloaded version
        > with the same result. I know that earlier MT63 was working fine for
        > him.
        >
        > All suggestions would be appreciated.
        >
        > FYI, on the MARS 3 and 4 Meg frequencies we run MT63 2000Hz long
        > interleave and find it much faster and less error prone than Amtor
        > FEC. We can even send MT63 and carry on voice communication at the
        > same time with solid copy on both! Truly amazing!
        >
        > de Bill KB4IJ

        > ---------------------~--> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your
        > HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders
        > $50 or more to the US & Canada.
        > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/CPMolB/TM

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Les Keppie
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 16, 2003
          For Your Information
          The Division by Zero is a know problem with file transfer using the 2000hz
          bandwidth mode of mt63

          The way to get around this is to load a second installation of the
          Iz8bly prog to your computer
          then go to the .ini file and switch OFF the waterfall
          You then need to use the version with the waterfall running for tuning
          purposes and when
          contact has been established and tuning is ok - then close this version
          and start up the version
          which does not have the waterfall running - then you will be able to
          use the binary
          transfer capabilities with no Division by Zero problems

          regards
          Les VK2DSG