Re: [MT63] CQ 14.109 USB 2015 UTC

  • Jason Buchanan
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2003
      omar shabsigh wrote:

      > Can an MT63 contest be organized to boast its use as happened with the PSK63
      > two days ago???

      That would be great! Who is good at putting these kinds of things together?

      regards,
      Jason
      W0JSB
    • jim_ag3y
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2003
        I agree that it would be great, but since I am not a contester, I
        would not be as thrilled with it as I would be just having a good old
        fashion qso via the keyboard with someone. I suggest that we re-visit
        the bandplans and look for some different frequencies for calling. I
        have heard a few stations on 14.109 USB + audio frequency, but almost
        nothing anywhere else. I guess it is not all that dumb to announce
        where you are working over the internet, but many of us don't use this
        forum like a "cluster" so I'm not terribly sure of the effectivness of
        that idea, either.

        I LOVE this mode, and wish that more were into it. I think one thing
        that is lacking is an "activity" alarm that would "fire phasers" or
        something similar when a recognized station comes on the frequency.

        Anybody have something like that in software ?

        Hoping to work you soon! 73 from Jim AG3Y