VHF Experiment, of sorts

  • jchutch02492
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31 5:53 AM
      Jim, WA3LBI, and I got together last night to try a little MT-63 weak
      signal work. Last night's path from Boston area to Philadelphia had
      a lot of flutter. We found MT-63 copy was so-so on the usual 1KHz
      width. No luck decoding at 500 Hz; reasonably good decoding at 2KHz
      (probably the best of the three, but not 100%). In all cases, we
      used long interweave. One seat-of-the-pants thought: with fast
      QSB/flutter, higher speed does better than narrow bandwidth to
      achieve decoding.

      By the way, we switched briefly to CW and to MFSK. Once in synch,
      MFSK worked quite well. CW also was fine.

      Joe, KB1CJ