mt63....

  • rolf.folkesson@xxxxxx.xx
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 1999
      Hello MT63 users !

      I'm may become an MT63 ( or you could say EVM ) user if can find some help.

      1 Not up and running MT63 yet.

      Just yesterday my EVM hopped to life for the first time. I have the
      Flash-Prom installed with Peters PLXBOOT.

      MThell/Feldhell loads and runs smoothly ( at least after hard-resetting the
      EVM )

      With MT63 it is different
      Through "Loadevm" ( I use a version of the batch file suggesed on the MT63
      WEB-page ) I see on the screen that the EVM has received the bios.cld and
      the mt63asc.cld files and has started to run.
      However, when running a terminal program ( PCPlus or Splittrm ) nothing
      happens.
      I could not find bios2 cld ( or asm ) anywhere, so I used what seems to be a
      late version ( 9812 ) of bios.cld I found in some EVM-ham SW-package.
      Can someone help me find bios2 ( preferably assembled and ready to run ).

      2. Actiivty

      After solving above problem I'd like to know when and where there is
      activity on this rather
      sophisticated digital mode.
      I've been told that these "spread spectrum" modes have not found their home
      among traditional "narrow" band digital signals between the cw and phone
      segment of the bands. I read somewhere that on 20 M, MT63 users hide
      themselfs around 14. 347 MHz.

      My activity profile is:

      Most HF-bands, but prefer 14,18, 21, 24 and 28 MHz
      Rig is modified commercial semi military RX/ TX with power up to 400 W.
      Like to go down into the shack sometime in the afternoon ( 5 p.m. or later
      ).

      Here is some other information:

      Call: SM0HP
      QTH: JO99DN ( 30 km N Stockholm )
      E-mail rolf.folkesson@...

      Would very myuch appreciate some help with the above items.

      Hope to hear from you.

      Best 73 de

      SM0HP/Rolf
    • Les Keppie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 1999
        Hi Rolf - Nice to hear that you are soon to be an mt63
        user - will look
        forward to working you - the normal working mode is mt13 -
        which is 1 khz wide
        and normally used on 14063 lsb or 14061 usb depends on some
        stns - some cant
        use digital in usb - AND THE MT12 2 KHZ ON 14347 USB BY
        ARRANGEMENT

        anyway i will send you the file you may need as well as the
        terminal prog I use
        with a file set up with your callsign and you can use this
        file [SM0HP.TRM]
        to get going - JUST EXECUTE THE .TRM FILE AFTER YOU CLOSE
        THE
        LOAD SCREEN - but you will have to edit all of the function
        keys after you get it up
        and going - I have included the terminal.exe file as it is
        the one I use

        I have also included the load file Mt63asc.bat I use -
        but you may have to modify
        it- but it should work if you put all of these files in
        a directory called mt13 and just make
        a shortcut to it

        Anyway - good luck - I will be listening from 2000z 020699
        on 14063 lsb on
        this mode

        Cheers de Les

        Les Keppie ARS VK2DSG
        Philip Street
        Duri N.S.W.
        AUSTRALIA

        Modes in use

        : Amtor Pactor RTTY Clover
        : Psk31- Feldhell- MTHell -Mt63-1k & 2k
        : SSTV

      • py2pll@xxxxxxx.xxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 1999
          Hi Rolf

          >With MT63 it is different

          I'll send a copy of the batch file I'm using to MT63-1k and MT63-2k +
          Splitterm after. I had some problem in the past but now it's running. The
          config is the same (Flash memory + PLXBoot there).

          Since then I used even Winpack as a terminal, besides Terminal fo Windows,
          Splitterm, etc ,,,

          >2. Actiivty
          >
          >After solving above problem I'd like to know when and where there is
          >activity on this rather
          >sophisticated digital mode.

          I did some contacts with Fred, OH/DL4ZC using MT63-1K on 14060.00 USB. This
          settings create a 1KHz wide signal starting at 14060.5 (or .75) and ending
          at 14061.5 (or .75). So we didn't disturbed the 14062 FeldHell users. I'll
          start looking there between 23:00 UTC to 04:00 UTC from now on.

          73
          Marcus PY3CRX/PY2PLL
          http://www.unetsul.com.br/py2pll
          ---
        • Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 1999
            At 09:05 AM 7/1/99 +0100, you wrote:

            >I could not find bios2 cld ( or asm ) anywhere, so I used what seems to be a
            >late version ( 9812 ) of bios.cld I found in some EVM-ham SW-package.
            >Can someone help me find bios2 ( preferably assembled and ready to run ).

            Go to <http://www.erols.com/dougbert> and you will find the latest
            version of BIOS2 and other EVM code.

            Doug
            N1OWU
          • rolf.folkesson@xxxxxx.xx
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2, 1999
              Thanks Doug !

              Hope to be active this weekend with your help !

              Again thanks.

              73's de SM0HP/ Rolf