Re: [MT63] Waiting you on 80m

  • Gilles Paré
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 25, 2001
      Bob,
      I hope this one is ok for you in plain. If it is not , I am soory .
      Iwould not like to be of any trouble to anybody.

      73,

      Gilles VE2FT

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 25, 2001
        FANTASTIC Gilles!! Thanks!

        I get paranoid about virus'. I send all files that are in HTML or have
        attachments to a file that I call "Helen Waite"... they go to hell and
        wait:)

        With so many lists, and so many play babies that just send virus', letter
        bombs, bots, just to mess with unsuspecting users, I am always on the look
        out.

        It is bad enough that I need to rebuild systems after attack, I do not want
        to have to rebuild MY system after an attack:)

        73!

        Bob
      • Gilles Paré
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 25, 2001
          Belle journée
          Ok Bo  I am pleased to see that ur interest in MT63  will force u to put the horse  to help you connect ur 80m antenna.  I had a qso at 3635 with VE1CDD, John, and the band is gud, so is the MT63.

          So thanks for ur answer  and see you soon.  I tried toget ur email address
          thru QRZ.com   not to overuse this eGroup, but did not find it.
          &3,
          Gilles VE2FT
          Thanks, Gilles, but first, I must get an antenna for 80 meters.  I have the hardware, a horse fence and a long+wire tuner, but I must connect it all up and test for SWR.

               Bo, W8ISG

          On Mon, 25 Jun 2001 20:01:18 -0400 =?Windows-1252?Q?Gilles_Par=E9?= <gilles.par2@...> writes:
          What about a MT63 contact on 80m at 3635 Lower Side Band?

          Will be there   from 00:00 GMT to 01:GMT

          73,
          VE2FT,  Gilles

          <<  Try MT63 on 80m - great fun!>>

          - The MT63 Reflector -
             MT63@egroups.com

          (To unsubscribe. send email to
          MT63-unsubscribe@onelist.com)

        • gbaron@home.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 25, 2001
            No trouble. People are PARANOID about things today. HTML is
            not an executable and should not be a problem. Clients should be
            able to distinguish between an executable script or macro and just
            plain HTML formatting which cannot cause any such thing as a
            virus.

            On 25 Jun 2001, at 20:45, Gilles Paré wrote:

            > Bob,
            > I hope this one is ok for you in plain. If it is not , I am soory .
            > Iwould not like to be of any trouble to anybody.
            >
            > 73,
            >
            > Gilles VE2FT

            Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
            44:04.925 N 92:30.758 W 1055'
            "Hierro candente, batir de repente"
          • Paul Schmidt
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 26, 2001
              Depending on your web browser and if you've got all the security
              patches, that may or may not be completely true. HTML is a
              formatting language, but web browsers (in particular, MS IE)
              will parse the tags and pass things off to other programs or
              DLL's. There have been instances of nasty things being put
              into EMBED tags and passed off to trigger vulnerabilities in
              the system (like an executable command cell in an .XLS file,
              or sending you off to a web page to download an infected file).

              If one's that paranoid, they *should* have all the DLL's updated
              and all the security patches installed... of course, that doesn't
              help for the new exploit someone will discover tomorrow morning.

              The world is full of brilliant idiots these days; I'd certainly
              not fault someone for keeping an eye out for them.

              73,

              Paul / K9PS

              --
              Paul L. Schmidt - K9PS - NNN0BOK - http://www.qsl.net/k9ps