W1AW 28130kHz

  • Frank Hunt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2001
      Hi again,

      a side issue to the recent W1AW MFSK16 tests, is their choice of
      frequency for 10m. Why use 28130? This is a traditional MT63
      frequency. In fact I would have thought it better to use their normal
      digital broadcast freqs of 14095 and 28095 etc.

      I would strongly oppose W1AW making regular use of 28130 for
      further tests or regular bulletins broadcasts. I don't know whether it
      was a co-incidence, but later the same day of the W1AW tests, at
      around 2215UTC I heard weak MFSK16 signals before, sometimes
      during and after the MT63 contact I had with N4WI on 28130 (dial).
      Maybe the operators of these stations thought that as W1AW was
      now using the freq for MFSK16, that it was the best freq to use.

      Time will tell I guess.

      73 Frank ZL2BR