SoFTwarE TroUbLEs!!

  • radioraymond@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1 11:45 PM
      Hello All,

      I have a problem, I'm wondering if there is some help. I downloaded
      the MT-63 program from IZ8BLY but when I run it, the icons are
      blurred and garbled on the operators panel indicating that my program
      is garbled. It transmits just fine, and I've had good reports, but
      on receive it does not display numbers, displays mixed UPPER and
      lower case letters at random though the letters them selves are
      correct. Odd huh?

      I did the usual, deleted the program and redownloaded it from the
      site, extracted and put it on my machine. Exact same thing. Ideas?

      >Ray/N0EKU
    • Vilnis Vosekalns
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2 12:09 AM
        Hello . One of solutions for icons. Re garbage up/low not ideas :-(

        Q: I can't see buttons/icons on the program toolbar, what I have to do?
        A: You need to update your COMCTRL.DLL by installing a "patch" furnished
        by the Microsoft itself at the address:
        http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/ieplatform/ie/comctrl.asp

        73!

        YL2KF
      • Coombe Down
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2 12:41 AM
          I suggest you try tuning the signal very accurately.

          Check the instructions. You will see garbage as you describe if the squelch
          is off and the signal is mistuned, or there's no signal.

          Murray ZL1BPU
        • Jim
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2 1:04 PM
            rf getting into the soundcard....from whatever source...and the software
            just happens to be susceptible...I know I have a couple of programs that are
            seeing some odd "lines" in the audio stream and I have determined that it is
            coming from the soundcard or motherboard itself as even if I mute most of
            the other sources...the lines still are there...even if the line and line
            outs are disconnected (ie no radio connection)the lines will still be there.
            You might try changing the slot that you have the card in if possible.
            Jim KJ7S