Re: [MT63] Re: US Postal - PLEASE READ!

  • F.R. Ashley
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 2000
      Tom Norris wrote:

      > At 04:14 PM 09/12/2000 -0400, "Reuben Meeks" <rcmeeksjr@...> wrote:
      >
      > >This email was just sent to me today! Shocking. Something the government
      > >has, I believe, no right to get their hands on. Why do we have a vested
      > >interest in subsidizing the postal service? Email has brought so many people
      > >together more often--partly because it IS FREE!
      >
      > [ Email tax spam snipped.]
      >
      > Err. This has been around a long long long time. This was around in one form
      > or another back 20 years ago when I was dialling up local BBS's. It was called
      > a "modem tax" then, with the wording moved around a bit. Beside all US
      > bills are suffixed either with HR for house bills or S for senate bills, so
      > "Federal
      > Bill 602P" is not even a valid US bill format. But most folks don't bother
      > looking
      > which is why this shows up on pretty much every one of several dozen mailing
      > lists I am subscribed to at least twice a year. Please see the address
      > below for
      > "the rest of the story" -- http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/pending/email.htm
      >
      > *sigh*
      >
      > 73 all
      >
      > KA4RKT

      How true. Go to www.usps.gov and see for yourself the Postal Service has
      absolutely no intention or interest in trying charge for emails. I can't believe
      so many continue to fall for this hoax.

      de WB4M

      > Disappointed with MT63?
      >
      > << Try MFSK16 for real DX performance! >>
      >
      > << Visit http://www.qsl.net/zl1bpu/MFSK >>

    • N5AJF
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 12, 2000
        I figured he was talking about the TV commercials from the post office or
        the posters.
        They are stasrting a service where you e-mail someone via the post office
        and they print
        and deliver it at the addressee's city and physical mailbox. I also see you
        can now pay
        bills electronically via the post office too. Look out Visa, here comes
        uncle sam!!

        Gordon, N5AJF
        Rockport, Texas USA EL18KA
        n5ajf@...

        > > Err. This has been around a long long long time. This was around in one
        form
        > > or another back 20 years ago when I was dialling up local BBS's. It was
        called
      • Coombe Down
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 12, 2000
          Guys,

          I struggle to see what this thread has to do with MT63....

          Murray ZL1BPU
          MT63 Reflector Moderator