Skip to search.

New to the Community

  • Debbie McCann
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 1, 2001
      Hello All

      We are new to the MS Community group.

      He: Tony is the husband and Caregiver. He has taken care of me for the past
      five years that I've had MS. He is also the one that downloads the email
      everyday.

      Me: I'm the one with MS. I got sick end of October 1995 and the symptoms
      have been getting worse since. I had an attack in July 1998 and that stopped
      my working life. Got SSI okay'd in 2000. Had an attack in early September
      2000 and now use a walker to get around the house, and a wheelchair when we
      go out. I did steriod therapy during the attack in September and that
      helped. Went to the Neuro last month and he said no changes since September.

      We: Live in Virginia Beach, VA. Have three teenagers: Anthony-19,
      Timothy-17, Theresa-15. Anthony is getting ready to move to Phila. and start
      life on his own. We have a dog - Rascal, and a cat - Mr. Checkers.

      Debbie & Tony McCann
    • Miklos Brauner
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 1, 2001
        Hi Debby,

        I have a strange case of MS or maybe something else. I had
        two attacks in 95, ever since I am retaively OK, although I
        feel quite weak. I got osteoarthritis in my spine as well, so
        I am running around with a walker, too.

        I have 5 kids, a wife and plans to complete a locksmith course
        and try it as my own business. I am not sure how it will go, but
        my oldest son will help, so we might have a chance. :-)

        It would be much better if we met on a healthy-people's list,
        but I think we really have a hope now. Scientist seem to be
        very close to find a way to cure this monster, so just hang in
        there. :-))

        ATB (All the best)

        Miklos

        Debbie McCann wrote:

        > Hello All
        >
        > We are new to the MS Community group.
        >
        > He: Tony is the husband and Caregiver. He has taken care of me for the past
        > five years that I've had MS. He is also the one that downloads the email
        > everyday.
        >
        > Me: I'm the one with MS. I got sick end of October 1995 and the symptoms
        > have been getting worse since. I had an attack in July 1998 and that stopped
        > my working life. Got SSI okay'd in 2000. Had an attack in early September
        > 2000 and now use a walker to get around the house, and a wheelchair when we
        > go out. I did steriod therapy during the attack in September and that
        > helped. Went to the Neuro last month and he said no changes since September.
        >
        > We: Live in Virginia Beach, VA. Have three teenagers: Anthony-19,
        > Timothy-17, Theresa-15. Anthony is getting ready to move to Phila. and start
        > life on his own. We have a dog - Rascal, and a cat - Mr. Checkers.
        >
        > Debbie & Tony McCann
        >

        > A support group for people with ms & their friends & relations. We try & keep informed of developments in ms research & stay abreast of legislative issues that may effect us.

      • Miklos Brauner
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 1, 2001
          Dear Jackie,

          I did. Your poem went on a Hungarian "discussion list", where a
          few people speak English. Usually Hungarian poems are being
          published on that list... understandably... :-))

          Some people publish short stories as well, in smaller installments.

          One of the guys, a Catholic priest, is very good. Probably the
          best poet today in Hungary. You are missing something by not
          speaking Hungarian, trust me. :-))

          ATB,

          Miklos

          Hi Miklos,Just curious, did you ever send my poem to your friends in Hungary? Please let me know, I am very curious. Thanks, take care.Jackie

        • Loofy24@aol.com
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 1, 2001
            Hi I'm pleased to meet you. I too have M.S. but wasnt diagnosed until April
            of 2000 when I had an attack that landed me in emergency and they gave me an
            M.R.I. right then and I was diagnosed by the next day.  I'm on Avonex now and
            it's given to me by my husband the caretaker.  I'm still working and walking
            and everything else so I consider myself lucky for now.   I have 2 children
            age 21 and 18 they're a great help to me. Keep in touch       Linda and Al
            Courtney.
          • Jackie McCormick
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 1, 2001
              Hi Debbie,
              Welcome to the community.  So, you live in Va. Beach -- my son is stationed in Norfolk/Portsmouth on the USS Saipan.  I live in South Central NJ.  I have had MS for many years but I am going through a really bad exacerbation just now with a problem neuro so if you see me write about him you know who it is :o).  Again, welcome, and I hope you find our community informative as well as a place to share our feelings, negative and positive.
              Jackie

              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 1, 2001
                Hi Miklos,

              • Lemmoncake@aol.com
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 1, 2001
                  Welcome Debbie & Tony to our MS_Community! Thank you for sharing a
                  bit
                  about our MS journey. I hope you'll find this group informative. If
                  you have any questions go ahead & ask them. . . Otherwise, sit back &
                  relax & join in when you want.
                  Jayne
                • Jackie McCormick
                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 2, 2001
                    Hi Miklos,
                    Very Funny! They say since I'm from New Jersey, I'm lucky that I can be understood in English so maybe I do speak Hungarian LOL, you could always translate for me.  Thanks for answering.

                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 2, 2001
                      Dear Jackie,

                      I actually meant it seriously. :-))
                      The guy is very good, unfortunately I can't translate so well.
                      Besides, English somehow cannot express things the same way...
                      Or ***my*** English is too poor for that... :-))

                      ATB,

                      Miklos :-)

                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 3, 2001
                        >I have 5 kids, a wife and plans to complete a locksmith course
                        >and try it as my own business. I am not sure how it will go, but
                        >my oldest son will help, so we might have a chance. :-)

                        That's something I wanted to try but never went for it. Good luck.

                        >It would be much better if we met on a healthy-people's list,
                        >but I think we really have a hope now. Scientist seem to be
                        >very close to find a way to cure this monster, so just hang in
                        >there. :-))

                        I agree. Fingers are crossed.

                        Tony
                      • Debbie McCann
                        Message 11 of 20 , Apr 3, 2001
                          >Hi I'm pleased to meet you. I too have M.S. but wasnt diagnosed until April
                          >of 2000 when I had an attack that landed me in emergency and they gave me an
                          >M.R.I. right then and I was diagnosed by the next day. I'm on Avonex now and
                          >it's given to me by my husband the caretaker. I'm still working and walking
                          >and everything else so I consider myself lucky for now. I have 2 children
                          >age 21 and 18 they're a great help to me. Keep in touch Linda and Al
                          >Courtney.

                          Although my doctor didn't diagnose me till 1999, he knew I had MS the whole
                          time. He kept saying everything points to MS. I've been on Avonex for well
                          over a year and my husband gives it to me.

                          Debbie (written by Tony)
                        • Debbie McCann
                          Message 12 of 20 , Apr 3, 2001
                            >Hi Debbie,
                            >Welcome to the community. So, you live in Va. Beach -- my son is stationed
                            in Norfolk/Portsmouth on the USS Saipan. I live in South Central NJ. I
                            have had MS for many years but I am going through a really bad exacerbation
                            just now with a problem neuro so if you see me write about him you know who
                            it is :o). Again, welcome, and I hope you find our community informative as
                            well as a place to share our feelings, negative and positive.
                            >Jackie

                            Hi Jackie, the Navy was the reason we came "down" here to. Tony did 20 years
                            and retired as a Chief back in 1997. Where-abouts do you live in South
                            Central NJ? We are origanally from Philadelphia.
                            Debbie (written by Tony)
                          • Jackie McCormick
                            Message 13 of 20 , Apr 3, 2001
                              Hi Debbie,
                              I now live in Marlton and have for 22 yrs. I grew up in Pennsauken and graduated from Pennsauken High School afterwhich I attended school for Cardio-vascular Diagnostics at Jefferson.  Where in Philly are you from?  I used to hang out with a lot of people from Philly. You can write me personally at mommom95@...
                              Jackie

                              Message 14 of 20 , Apr 3, 2001
                                Dear Miklos,
                                If you hear from your friend about the poem could you please be so kind as to let me know what he thought of it, good or bad?
                                Thanks, take good care
                                Jackie
                                PS my e-mail is mommom95@...

                                Message 15 of 20 , Apr 3, 2001
                                  Hi  Please to meet you.  I hope Avonex is working for you .
                                • Hobrien53@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Apr 3, 2001
                                    next time you are on steroids stay away from salty foods that adds to water
                                    retention and weight gain. Steroids can deplete potassium gives you restless
                                    legs for that you caneat bannanas and potatoes. natural dieretics can keep
                                    your weight down, for muscle spasms grape friut and tonic water and a mag
                                    tablet. eat a apple or pear int he morning for a sluggish bowel.
                                  • Miklos Brauner
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Apr 4, 2001
                                      Debbie McCann wrote:

                                      > >I have 5 kids, a wife and plans to complete a locksmith course
                                      > >
                                      > That's something I wanted to try but never went for it. Good luck.

                                      Dear Tony,

                                      Thanks.
                                      Yesterday I was playing with a stupid lock all afternoon and night.
                                      A made a key to it without copying it from another, but I just could
                                      not pick it. I bent on one of the little tools today and I was able to
                                      pick it right away...
                                      It is a correspondent course, so no one shows how to and it is
                                      not always easy to get it right.
                                      But now I am happy. My first lock-picking... :-)))

                                      ATB,

                                      Miklos
                                    • Miklos Brauner
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Apr 4, 2001
                                        Dear Jackie,

                                        It is a list with about 100 people on it. Usually nobody says
                                        anything about other's poems. Just writes his own. :-))

                                        Sorry, but so far no one said anything about yours.

                                        ATB,

                                        Miklos

                                        Message 19 of 20 , Apr 5, 2001
                                          >next time you are on steroids stay away from salty foods that adds to water
                                          >retention and weight gain. Steroids can deplete potassium gives you restless
                                          >legs for that you caneat bannanas and potatoes. natural dieretics can keep
                                          >your weight down, for muscle spasms grape friut and tonic water and a mag
                                          >tablet. eat a apple or pear int he morning for a sluggish bowel.

                                          Great info. Thanks.
                                        • Debbie McCann
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Apr 6, 2001
                                            >Dear Tony,
                                            >
                                            >Thanks.
                                            >Yesterday I was playing with a stupid lock all afternoon and night.
                                            >A made a key to it without copying it from another, but I just could
                                            >not pick it. I bent on one of the little tools today and I was able to
                                            >pick it right away...
                                            >It is a correspondent course, so no one shows how to and it is
                                            >not always easy to get it right.
                                            >But now I am happy. My first lock-picking... :-)))
                                            >
                                            >ATB,
                                            >
                                            >Miklos

                                            Great! Just stay away from my house :)

                                            That sounds like the same course I was looking at. Did they send you all the
                                            equipment to get started?

                                            Instead of going in that direction, we started our home based business with
                                            a Product Brokerage Company called Market America. They have OPC3 which is
                                            one of the products Deb is taking. It's not a miracle cure but it is helping
                                            with the MS. Now that money is a little better around her she is getting
                                            ready to start other Isotonix products, such as adding B12.

                                            Tony