RE: [MS_AccessPros] Export Specification has me lost

  • John Viescas
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 21, 2008
      Robin-

      Then you need to go back to the Export wizard, go into Advanced, create the
      spec, and then SAVE it.

      John Viescas, author
      Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
      Building Microsoft Access Applications
      Microsoft Office Access 2003 Inside Out
      SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
      http://www.viescas.com/
      (Paris, France)

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 21, 2008
        Hi Robin,

        That explains the error you were getting.

        You will either have to recreate the Spec
        or maybe use one of those in the list,
        maybe the 'AaImportListExportSpec'.

        It is a bit odd that your original spec
        was deleted. Is it possble that you saved
        it as 'AaImportListExportSpec' and then
        deleted the original?

        <robinski@...> wrote:

        > Thanks Clive,
        >
        > The list is:
        >
        > Query1
        > SpecName
        > AaImportListExportSpec
        > MembersList Link Specification
        > MembersList Link Specification1
        >
        > The new spec is not listed.
        >
        > Robin
        >
        > At 21/10/2008 06:52 PM, Clive Williams wrote:
        > >Hi Robin,
        > >
        > >Create a new query and paste this into the
        > >SQLView:
        > >
        > >SELECT MSysIMEXSpecs.SpecName
        > >FROM MSysIMEXSpecs
        > >ORDER BY MSysIMEXSpecs.SpecName;
        > >
        > >It will list the names of all IMEX Specs in
        > >Name order.
        > >
        > >Regards, Clive.
        > >

        > >--- In MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com, Robin Chapple
        > ><robinski@> wrote:
        > > >

        > > > Thanks John,

        > > > Error message is:
        > > >
        > > > "The text file specification 'Export-##ImportList' does not
        exist.
        > > > You cannot import, export or link using the specification"

        > >specification?
        > > >
        > > > I have opened the wizard, selected the specification and
        clicked on
        > > > 'run' and the file was exported.
        > > >
        > > > Is that a mystery?
        > > >
        > > > Regards,
        > > >
        > > > Robin

      • Robin Chapple
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 25, 2008
          G'day Clive and John,

          I have been diverted by other, more urgent, pressures.

          At 21/10/2008 07:28 PM, Clive Williams wrote:

          >That explains the error you were getting.
          >
          >You will either have to recreate the Spec or maybe use one of those
          >in the list, maybe the 'AaImportListExportSpec'.
          >
          >It is a bit odd that your original spec was deleted. Is it possble
          >that you saved it as 'AaImportListExportSpec' and then deleted the original?

          The step which I had not used was to 'save' in the Advanced option.
          Just saving in the default process does not work.

          Many thanks for your patience.

          Regards,

          Robin

        • Clive Williams