How was the GMU tournament????

  • Elizabeth Hughes
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2007
      I'd like to know!
      Elizabeth
    • Patricia Simon
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2, 2007
        GMU was a fun tournament. I think we really grew as a team (the 10 hr drive there and back may have contributed to that). As far as actual statistics go, we did not win a game. We came within a point or two when we played both of the Orphan teams. I feel that we were pretty competitive despite the fact that we only had 8 team members, half of which were rookies. However, I believe that as always our most important contribution was the fact that MSU is the biggest supporter of women's underwater hockey!!! Yeah for that girls (and props to the two guys who kept us all in line!)
        Let's start thinking about Champaign in May, let me know who wants to go! This will be a tournament that I think MSU will be able to be pretty competitive at. Only 4 more weeks of regular hockey... lets make the most of it!!

        ~Tricia

        >>> Elizabeth Hughes <elidale@...> 4/2/2007 1:36 PM >>>
        I'd like to know!
        Elizabeth
      • Elizabeth Hughes
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2, 2007
          There's a Champaign tournament in May?  Tell me more....

          Patricia Simon wrote:
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:MSUUWH-digest@yahoogroups.com
              mailto:MSUUWH-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Patricia Simon
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 2, 2007
            Oops sorry, by May I meant April 21st.
            Here is Ben's original message:

            Hey Everybody,
            We ARE having a spring tournament. It will be from 6pm to 2am at the
            YMCA pool (same as in the fall) on the evening of April 21st. The pool is
            located at:

            500 W. Church St.
            Champaign, IL 61820

            While this will be a team event, we will be accepting individuals without
            teams who will be accommodated. For more information or to register your
            team for the tournament, please contact: Ben Holtzman at bholt...@...

            The Hockey House has limited space available and is located at 705. W.
            Springfield, Urbana IL 61801. Please contact Ben Holtzman before the
            tournament if you wish to sleep at the Hockey House. Driving
            directions between the two locations are located on our tournament
            website (see below). There will be abundant parking at the pool.

            http://www.geocities.com/rachoface/ChampaignUnderwaterHockeyTournamen...

            Due to the lateness of this announcement, the tournament entrance fee of $25
            per person will only be considered late if it has not been paid by the date
            of the tournament. In that case, it will be $30 per person.

            We look forward to seeing you in Champaign,

            - Benjamin Holtzman

            Patricia Simon wrote:
            > GMU was a fun tournament. I think we really grew as a team (the 10 hr drive there and back may have contributed to that). As far as actual statistics go, we did not win a game. We came within a point or two when we played both of the Orphan teams. I feel that we were pretty competitive despite the fact that we only had 8 team members, half of which were rookies. However, I believe that as always our most important contribution was the fact that MSU is the biggest supporter of women's underwater hockey!!! Yeah for that girls (and props to the two guys who kept us all in line!)
            > Let's start thinking about Champaign in May, let me know who wants to go! This will be a tournament that I think MSU will be able to be pretty competitive at. Only 4 more weeks of regular hockey... lets make the most of it!!
            >
            > ~Tricia

            > I'd like to know!
            > Elizabeth
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Benjamin Holtzman
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2, 2007
              The champaign tournament is not in May, rather it is on Sat. April 21st starting at 6pm at the YMCA pool in Champaign. The pool's address:

              500 W. Church St.
              Champaign, IL 61820

              The Hockey House has limited space available and is located at 705. W. Springfield, Urbana IL 61801. Driving directions between the two locations are located on our tournament website (see below). There will be abundant parking at the pool.

              http://www.geocities.com/rachoface/ChampaignUnderwaterHockeyTournament.html

              Let me know if there are any other questions about the tournament. We look forward to seeing you in Champaign,

              - Benjamin Holtzman
              "The more we know, the more we learn that we know nothing." -Atlas Shrugged
            • Pavel Kofman
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 2, 2007
                I am going to Champaign and after talking in the car, I think i can say the
                same for Mal, and Jeremy. Eric, you didn't go their first tourney this year
                so you need to come also and play and show your face in Champaign. Sorry I
                will not be at practice all week guys, I'll be home in St. Louis covering
                Michigan State at the Frozen Four. We play Maine at 4pm ET on Thursday on
                ESPN2 if you were wondering. See You all next week.

                Pavel

                Patricia Simon writes:

                > Oops sorry, by May I meant April 21st.
                > Here is Ben's original message:
                >
                > Hey Everybody,
                > We ARE having a spring tournament. It will be from 6pm to 2am at the
                > YMCA pool (same as in the fall) on the evening of April 21st. The pool is
                > located at:
                >

                > 500 W. Church St.
                > Champaign, IL 61820
                >

                > While this will be a team event, we will be accepting individuals without
                > teams who will be accommodated. For more information or to register your
                > team for the tournament, please contact: Ben Holtzman at bholt...@...
                >

                > The Hockey House has limited space available and is located at 705. W.
                > Springfield, Urbana IL 61801. Please contact Ben Holtzman before the
                > tournament if you wish to sleep at the Hockey House. Driving
                > directions between the two locations are located on our tournament
                > website (see below). There will be abundant parking at the pool.
                >

                > http://www.geocities.com/rachoface/ChampaignUnderwaterHockeyTournamen...
                >

                > Due to the lateness of this announcement, the tournament entrance fee of $25
                > per person will only be considered late if it has not been paid by the date
                > of the tournament. In that case, it will be $30 per person.
                >

                > We look forward to seeing you in Champaign,
                >

                > - Benjamin Holtzman
                > Champaign Underwater Hockey

                > There's a Champaign tournament in May? Tell me more....
                >
                > Patricia Simon wrote:
                >> GMU was a fun tournament. I think we really grew as a team (the 10 hr drive there and back may have contributed to that). As far as actual statistics go, we did not win a game. We came within a point or two when we played both of the Orphan teams. I feel that we were pretty competitive despite the fact that we only had 8 team members, half of which were rookies. However, I believe that as always our most important contribution was the fact that MSU is the biggest supporter of women's underwater hockey!!! Yeah for that girls (and props to the two guys who kept us all in line!)
                >> Let's start thinking about Champaign in May, let me know who wants to go! This will be a tournament that I think MSU will be able to be pretty competitive at. Only 4 more weeks of regular hockey... lets make the most of it!!
                >>
                >> ~Tricia

                >> I'd like to know!
                >> Elizabeth
                >>

                >> Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Hannah
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 3, 2007
                  Oh, and if you didn't hear me say it at the pool, I'm really proud of
                  everybody on our team. I think we did really well - playing as a team,
                  not giving up, swimming, and learning from our mistakes.

                  I can't wait to play with you guys at nationals!

                  Hannah