details on guelph

  • Hannah
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
      Here's stuff from guelph about the tournament coming up. I'm getting
      excited!

      **Mary - will you please call the people who have offered housing and
      confirm for us?

      Hannah
      -------

      Hi Everyone!

      The following are a few quick, but important announcements.

      PLAYERS IN GAMES - Although originally we were going to limit the
      number of player who could suit up each game to 10, we've decided to
      let all 12 players suit up and play each game.

      The Guelph tournament has always been about promoting the sport and
      having fun, which is why we'd like to give people as much playing
      experience as possible while they're here. We sincerely appologize for
      any confusion this has caused. Teams are still welcome to have up to
      12 players maximum and can still change their roster and/or add
      palyers now if they would like.

      BANQUET

      Throughout the day a food table will be set out close to the pool
      deck. Everyone is welcome to go get as much energy as they need!

      However, in order to prepare for the banquet in time, we need to know
      the following by this sat. (March 5th):

      1. the number of people planning on attending the banquet from your team

      2. whether they would like a Italian (vegetarian) or Mexican dish.

      We expect teams to be responsible for paying for the number of people
      they said would attend even if some people don't actually make it to
      the banquet on the day of the tournament. (Ie if you say 10 people are
      attending, your team owes 10 x $10 = $100.) The banquet will
      officially begin at 7:00, with dinner being served shortly afterwards
      and will end at ~10:00. There may be another unofficial party
      happening afterwards (location not yet known).

      Cost for the banquet will be $10 per person in addition to the
      tournament fee. The banquet fees will be collected from the captains
      for the entire team. Fees may either be sent in advance (same address
      as before) or collected at the tournament. Regarless, we require to
      know numbers by March 5th.

      Accomodations:

      There are several options for team accomodations this year. Two
      players have graciously offered free floor space. Please talk to them
      to make any arrangements. These houses are not being designated as
      "party" houses as far as I know, so please be respectful.

      Todd Hunter (in Guelph possible room for ~1-2 teams): 1-519-835-1112

      Mike Spohn (in Elora - 15-20 min. drive from guelph, possible room for
      ~3-4 teams) 1-519-846-0715

      Also, for those who prefer a hotel, the Holiday Inn has offered us
      group rates. (I haven't looked around though to see if these are the
      best rates in guelph or not.) They can be contacted at:

      Lynn Vanschaik Sales Manager 519-836-0231- ext 123

      sales@... www.holiday-inn.com/guelphca

      Further Tournament Info: More information about captains meetings,
      game schedules, the registration table and refs will be sent out later
      in the week (once my midterms are finished!).

      Thanks for everyone's patience, see you all on the 18th!

      - Chris

      Official Team List for the 2006 College Royal Underwater Hockey Tournament

      1. Guelph (A), Chris Fabian uwh_guelph@... , John Harland
      jsharland@...

      2. Guelph (B), Chris Fabian uwh_guelph@...

      3. Cornwall (B), Sophie Grosse gosse_racine@...

      4. London (A), Jeff Spicoli uwhspicoli@...

      5. London (B), Jeff Spicoli uwhspicoli@...

      6. Michigan State U. (A), Hannah Remtema remtemah@...

      7. Michigan State U. (Womens B team?), Hannah Remtema remtemah@...

      8. Canadian Women's A Team (A), Cheryl Seawright cseawright@...

      9. Ottawa (A) - andrew154@...

      10. Ottawa (B) - andrew154@...

      11. Peterborough Pikes (B?), Justin Mark jmark@...

      12. Soo Tridents (A), Craig Zimmerman czimmerm@...

      13. US Junior Team (A), Paul Wittekind paulwittekind@...

      14. York-Sub Aquatic (A), Gord Lemon gordlemon@...

      15. Brampton (B), Matt Jewett whydoyou77@...

      16. Calgary (B), Judy Davies judy@...
      Guelph Flounders UWH www.rmbsolutions.com/~uwh
    • mary um
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006
        update on housing.
        all 20 of us are staying with mike out in elora. so far no one has asked him for housing and if it stays like this, we get to claim the whole guest house!!

        his phone # is 519-846-0715
        address is
        70 price st.
        Elora ON

        he said todd's place will be the party house, but we are welcome to enjoy our st. patrict's night. we couldn't stay with todd cause he can only have max 8 people stay with him. ( 2 teams was a lie!)

        it looks like mike will be a fun host, he wanted a bottle of 151.
        now get off your computer and go enjoy your spring break!

                                                               Mary

        Michigan state university Hockey team

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • Hannah
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 6, 2006
          Awesome! Thanks for calling him Mary. Everybody please remember to
          pack sleeping bags, mats, pillows, whatever it is you need to sleep on
          someone's floor.

          Hannah

          --- In MSUUWH@yahoogroups.com, "mary um" <maryum82@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > > "party" houses as far as I know, so please be respectful.
          > >
          > > Todd Hunter (in Guelph possible room for ~1-2 teams): 1-519-835-1112
          > >
          > > Mike Spohn (in Elora - 15-20 min. drive from guelph, possible room for
          > > ~3-4 teams) 1-519-846-0715
          > >
          > > Also, for those who prefer a hotel, the Holiday Inn has offered us
          > > group rates. (I haven't looked around though to see if these are the
          > > best rates in guelph or not.) They can be contacted at:
          > >
          > > Lynn Vanschaik Sales Manager 519-836-0231- ext 123
          > >
          > > sales@... www.holiday-inn.com/guelphca
          > >
          > > Further Tournament Info: More information about captains meetings,
          > > game schedules, the registration table and refs will be sent out later
          > > in the week (once my midterms are finished!).
          > >
          > > Thanks for everyone's patience, see you all on the 18th!
          > >
          > > - Chris
          > >

          > > Official Team List for the 2006 College Royal Underwater Hockey

          university<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Michigan+state+university&w1=Michigan+state+university&w2=Hockey+team&c=2&s=48&.sig=MW4SPu1Py_Tod1MW3OWWuA>
          Hockey

          > > ------------------------------

        • mary um
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 13, 2006
            I need to know what time people can leave on friday.
            and also i need to know if brian can take his car and if he can take 5 people in his car. if he can we will take 4 cars (brian, mary, hannah, mike) if not we will be taking 6 (either sam or erin).

            just e-mail me back or IM me.

                                      Mary
          • mary um
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 14, 2006
              sorry for the typo. we are taking 4 cars; mary, hannah, erin and mike.

              hannah : hannah, chris, sam and pavel
                            leaving from EL at 2pm

              mike : mike, elizabeth, jeremy and jack
                        leaving from jackson/ann arbor picking up jeremy and jack from Detroit

              Erin : erin, brian, carly, and eric
                       leaving from EL at 3pm

              Mary : mary, josh, tricia, and john
                        leaving from EL at 3pm

              if you can't make it to the Ho Ho by 3pm e-mail me back, NOW!

              again, mike spohn's address and phone number is.

               519-846-0715

              70 price st.
              Elora ON

            • mhughes@rehmann.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 14, 2006

                Jeremy - where do I pick you up?
                NOTICE TO PERSONS SUBJECT TO UNITED STATES TAXATION:

                DISCLOSURE UNDER TREASURY CIRCULAR 230:  The United States Federal
                tax advice, if any, contained in this document and its attachments
                may not be used or referred to in the promoting, marketing, or recommending
                of any entity, investment plan, or arrangement, nor is such advice intended
                or written to be used, and may not be used, by a taxpayer for the purpose of
                avoiding Federal tax penalties.
                This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the sole
                use of the addressee listed. It may contain confidential,
                proprietary and/or legally privileged  information. If you
                are not the intended recipient please notify the sender by
                return e-mail or call our corporate Information Technology
                Division at (989)799-9580 and delete the e-mail.
                Unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or copying of
                this e-mail or attachments, in whole or in part is strictly
                prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our
                clients any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail
                are subject to the terms and conditions included in
                specific engagement letters or contracts.  Please
                note that e-mails are susceptible to change and we
                shall not be responsible or liable for the proper
                and complete transmission of the information contained
                in this e-mail, any delay in its receipt or damage to
                your systems.  We do not guarantee that the integrity
                of this e-mail has been maintained or that this e-mail
                is free of viruses, interception or interference.