[Fwd: [Hockeynet] Hey! Players going to US Nationals]

  • Elizabeth Hughes
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
      An interesting idea anyway.....

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject:[Hockeynet] Hey! Players going to US Nationals
      Date:Thu, 1 Jun 2006 23:11:47 +0000
      From:David Kennedy <dmkennedy@...>
      To:underwater-hockey@...

      To US hockey players attending Nationals: Interested in getting a little
      bit more out of your tournament this year?  The US Mens team plans on
      bringing the UWH clinic to you in Gainesville.  We are offering FOUR
      packages, made to order.

      ALL packages include a take-home packet including pregame, gametime, and
      postgame notes.  The packet will also contain various levels of
      hockey-specific workouts and a terms glossary.  Team Package handouts
      will include formation, advantage play, and other team play theory.
      Individual Package handout will include individual skill drills and
      individual play theory.  As an added bonus, we might have Sparky or
      Coach Duck try their hand at a comic strip...so many levels.

      #1: The "Happy Family" Single Game Team Package
      A member of the US Open Team will talk with your team before the game to
      understand your strategy and gameplan.  That player will watch your team
      play and afterwards meet with your team to discuss the execution of the
      strategy.  Focus will be on team play.  Individual play will be included
      to the point where it impacts team play.  Example suggestions include
      tips for future games in that tournament, other formation ideas for your
      team to consider in the future given your personnel, and drills to help
      accomplish longterm team goals.

      #2: The "Good Time StuntCoach" Two Game Team Package
      Everything above, plus a second game.  In addition, extra attention will
      be paid to team improvement from the first game to the second game.

      #3: The "Tony Montana" Individual Play Package (Steal of the Clinic!)
      A member of the US Open Team will meet with you before a game to discuss
      your thoughts on where your game is currently and where you would like
      it to be.  The player will focus on your play for one half of hockey,
      watching your individual moves and reactions/choices you make during the
      game.  Afterwards, the player will meet with you again and discuss what
      he saw, potential improvements/moves that you could use in given
      situations you find yourself in, and drills you can work on to get you
      to where you want to be.  This could be used by one player more than
      once.

      #4: The "GOLD PACKAGE" Royal Team Treatment
      Everything from package two, plus: your games will be videotaped.  After
      the data has been processed (after the tournament), the team will be
      given a copy of the games.  In addition, the entire mens team will
      review the games and put together individual comments for specific
      moments in team play and specifc player's play.
      If your team is of age, we will throw in a Holiday Five-pack.  Beer of
      your choice, selection limited to whatever local crummy beer store we
      can find.

      The US Mens team player selected for a package will be first come, first
      serve for any given timeslot.  US Mens team players may do "double duty"
      when watching individual play but that limit will be capped so each
      player gets proper attention.  It's OK, we're gentle.  In addition,
      college teams will be given a 20% discount on #1 or #2,  but an
      observing player chosen might be substituted due to scheduling issues.
      Depending on demand this offer may be extended to all teams.

      Pre-register!  Send an email to underwaterhockey@....
      Preregistered teams and individuals will get first crack at getting the
      slots and players they want once the schedule comes out.  If you want to
      try to get a last minute slot in Gainesville find Greg Appling, Doug
      Roth or anyone else you know on the team.

      Pricing is as follows:
      #1 Happy Family: $100/team
      #2 Good Time StuntCoach: $150/team
      #3 Tony Montana: $20 per half/player
      #4 GOLD PACKAGE: $300/team
      additional taped gold package games/commentary: add $100

      Don't forget-for all the cash youre already blowing, this isn't much
      more!  Youre looking at $10-15 a person for a team package.

      Custom packages available, if the above doesn't fit your needs.  We are
      really, really easy.

      We'll take questions and custom package requests at
      underwaterhockey@....

      USA 2006 Mens Elite team  http://www.usauwh.com/teams/mens_team.php

      http://www.topica.com/?p=TEXFOOTER

    • Hannah
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
        How much do we have to pay to NOT get advice from this group of hooligans?

        Hannah

      • mhughes@rehmann.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006

          It's certainly an interesting, in fact I really applaud their creativity, and who ever thought that up deserves a pat on the back,

          However, since we've got Gary & Pat on our team, I suspect that we could get them to give us the Gold Team package (minus the video) for a whole lot less money.  The only difference being that they'd be playing rather than watching.
          NOTICE TO PERSONS SUBJECT TO UNITED STATES TAXATION:

          DISCLOSURE UNDER TREASURY CIRCULAR 230:  The United States Federal
          tax advice, if any, contained in this document and its attachments
          may not be used or referred to in the promoting, marketing, or recommending
          of any entity, investment plan, or arrangement, nor is such advice intended
          or written to be used, and may not be used, by a taxpayer for the purpose of
          avoiding Federal tax penalties.
          This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the sole
          use of the addressee listed. It may contain confidential,
          proprietary and/or legally privileged  information. If you
          are not the intended recipient please notify the sender by
          return e-mail or call our corporate Information Technology
          Division at (989)799-9580 and delete the e-mail.
          Unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or copying of
          this e-mail or attachments, in whole or in part is strictly
          prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our
          clients any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail
          are subject to the terms and conditions included in
          specific engagement letters or contracts.  Please
          note that e-mails are susceptible to change and we
          shall not be responsible or liable for the proper
          and complete transmission of the information contained
          in this e-mail, any delay in its receipt or damage to
          your systems.  We do not guarantee that the integrity
          of this e-mail has been maintained or that this e-mail
          is free of viruses, interception or interference.
        • Gary Christianson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
            Great idea, but the reverse is true. You have to pay me to shut up!

            Accually I can shut up for free, just let me know when I get tooo
            excited about coaching.

            Gary
            1998 Masters Bronze
            2002 Masters Gold

            --- mhughes@... wrote:

            > It's certainly an interesting, in fact I really applaud their
            > creativity,
            > and who ever thought that up deserves a pat on the back,
            >
            > However, since we've got Gary & Pat on our team, I suspect that we
            > could
            > get them to give us the Gold Team package (minus the video) for a
            > whole
            > lot less money. The only difference being that they'd be playing
            > rather
            > than watching.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Ryan
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006

              I agree with Hannah; they would be better off extorting money to go away. Anything that team has useful to offer probably comes from Duck or Sparky and Duck will talk hockey for free to any female willing to listen or male willing to pay for drinks.

              An hour’s worth of any fitness activity that works your legs and builds your cardio or out of water puck handling is probably worth about as much as they have to offer.

              Nicki never got a good answer for her swim workout question. Pat Carboneau, who has incredible bottom time, told me he just started swimming 25 m/yd underwaters on 30 second intervals until he couldn’t do them any more. The next workout day, he would do the same thing, but try and beat the number from the previous time. He said he kept doing this until he could swim them continuously and was up to 100 until he put a cap on the number.

              MSU has a good core understanding of the game. The more people you have on the bottom with puck handling skills, the more your team will control the game. And an added side note, your team doesn’t have to have possession of the puck to control the game.

              Speaking of puck handling, I have to do mine!

              JackPat

            • mary um
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 3, 2006
                don't worry jack i told nicki where to find swim workouts.
                for underwaters, i learned personally from "the great one"  yesterday!!!
                i injured my heels so we could do anything fast, but he made me do them on 45 sec intervals. we did 12 on 45 then did 6 on 40. i was getting a little bit out of air by the end but as soon as we stopped i felt like i could do some more. the trick was to exhale completely, than do diaphragm breathing and hold your breath in for a moment or two. slow deep breaths. to finish of we did a 50 underwater right after that. i'll be trying it again today. this time i'll try to do over 20.
                i guess you could do 30 sec if you are in shape, but for people like me who never really played sports before shouldn't do that. i'll work my way up.

                                                                              Mary

                On 6/2/06, Ryan <XRyan@...> wrote:

[...]

                Hockey team Hockey team uniform Michigan state university
                Michigan state university apparel Michigan state university basketball Michigan state university merchandise

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS