Fwd: [uwhcanada] Saskatoon Seals' 2013 Underwater Sports Tourney

  • Elizabeth Hughes
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2013

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Jacques Toupin <jacquestoupin@...>
      Date: Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 10:36 PM
      Subject: [uwhcanada] Saskatoon Seals' 2013 Underwater Sports Tourney
      To: UofS Seals <seals-ml@...>, UWF Group <UnderWaterFootball@yahoogroups.com>, UWH Group <uwhcanada@yahoogroups.com>

      Unfortunately, I must announce that the 2nd annual UW Sports Tourney, originally scheduled for March 30, 2013 has been cancelled for this year.

      Our club has lost 9 member/ players in the last six months* and as a result, we just do not have enough people to play, let alone organize and run an inter-provincial tournament.
      It's a pity, as we have good pool time this year, unsolicited interest from Alberta and Manitoba teams, money in the bank, established contacts for food & prizes, but with no one to do the work, it just ain't happenin'.

      Hopefully we can get it together for 2014.
      If anyone has any recruiting tips, we're all ears!

      Regretfully,

      JT

      Saskatoon Seals Underwater Hockey Club

      * Work, injury, travel, studies, out of province, out of country....