Fwd: [usauwhwomen] Re: 2012 Women's Tournament

  • Elizabeth Hughes
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2012
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Brigit Grimm <brigitgrimm@...>
      Date: Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 2:03 PM
      Subject: [usauwhwomen] Re: 2012 Women's Tournament
      To: Brigit Grimm <brigitgrimm@...>
      Cc: US women <usauwhwomen@yahoogroups.com>, "hockeynet@..." <hockeynet@...>, Melanie Johnson <mel_J@...>

      Hi ladies,
      Looks like our tournament is shaping up to be another good group of ladies, ranging from pretty new to the sport to world class!  We still have room for some more ladies to join us, so don't be shy!  You already know it's a lot of fun to play with other ladies; here's your chance to enjoy it for an entire tournament!

      Let me know if you are interested and/or have questions.  Bring a friend!!
      Brigit

      On 7/11/2012 12:13 AM, Brigit Grimm wrote:
      4th Annual Women's Tournament
      Sept 22-23, 2012
      Washington Natatorium in Atlanta

      Basic schedule:
      --Saturday clinic 9-12, games 1-6pm, dinner as a group thereafter
      --Sunday games 9-3pm, awards directly afterwards (so you can get home at a reasonable time)

      Who's invited: Any woman who would like to play in some fantastic women's games, learn some new skills, make some new friends.  We invite brand new players, veterans, international players, and everyone in between--bring them all!  We'll create what we think are even potluck teams from our entries, so we'll have a great, competitive tournament!

      Why a clinic?  All of us can use some new skills or to perfect the skills we have.  Here's a chance to focus on that for a couple of hours with some skilled players coaching.

      What about housing and local transportation?  Nicole Mazouchova, our host this year (thank you, Nicole!!), is working on securing space at local players homes, so that we can keep the costs down.  Transportation will be on MARTA, a very good local transportation system.  Nicole can tell us more! Contact her at nmazouch@... or 404-913-3875.  As we get information on who's attending, we'll get out info on where you'll be staying and how to get there.

      What are the costs?  You have to get yourself to Atlanta (plane- fly into ATL, car, crawl), and we'll promise to keep all the other costs as low as we can.  Your entry fee is $80, which includes pool rental, snacks, lunches, some fun awards and a fabulous Saturday dinner! You'll just need to pay for your MARTA ticket and to chip in for breakfast shared by your housing host.

      If you aren't yet a USoA member, you'll need to take care of the paperwork for that as well.  It's now easy to do; just go to https://usauwh.com/member/index.php and take care of it all online (or contact Wendy Okafuji at wendyok@... for details).

      Okay, sign me up--sounds like a fantastic tournament weekend!!
      1)  RSVP as soon as possible to me, brigitgrimm@... or 408-828-0607
      2)  As soon as you have it, I'll need to get these details:  your email address, your cell phone, how you rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 (1=brand new to hockey, 10= world class player), travel details (flight itinerary, driving in? when?) and if you want to stay with a local (of course you can find your own accommodation too, if you'd rather)
      3)  Pay by paypal through USoA to funds@... or contact Wendy Okafuji for other options

      Fees:
      $80 if paid by Aug 24
      $90 if paid thereafter

      Please help spread this invitation to all other women hockey players you know.  This is the ONLY women's tournament around, so let's get all the ladies together for an awesome weekend of all women's hockey!!  See you all there!
      Brigit and Nicole