2nd Annual Quest for the CanAm Cup Tournament

  • steven kars
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2010
      Hi Hockeyeurs....

      Save the date folks for the 2nd Annual Quest for the CanAm Cup Tournament, sponsored by CanAm Underwater Hockey Gear.  The date is April 16, 2011 and will be held at the River City Community Pool in the lovely Marninette, Wisconsin.  There was interest for me to run an intermediate level clinic on the Sunday following, if you are interested please send me an email.  More details to follow soon and keep an eye on our website!

      www.CanAmUWHGear.com

      And of course, check out our latest, greatest and shiniest gear too....

      Steveo

    • steven kars
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2011

        Hello Hockey Players!

        I would like to announce the second annual Quest for the CanAm Cup ~  Sponsored by CanAm Underwater Hockey Gear.
        This tournament is a one day tournament on April 16, 2011 and has an optional 4 hr intermediate level clinic on Sunday,
        April 17, 2011 from 7:30am-11:30am; more information on the clinic can be found at the bottom of this page. Playing times
        will be from 9:00am-6:00pm in the River Cities Community Pool in Marinette, Wisconsin. The Pool Depth is 3.5ft-6ft and the
        tournament will feature the CanAm Uni2 Puck. We will do a round robin & playoffs for the CanAm Cup, followed by our 4 on 4
        potluck fast tournament. Following the tournament will be a banquet at the Rail House Brew Pub starting at 6:30pm till ???.
        There will be a max of 8 Teams available, so please register fast! If you are an individual we will find you a spot on a team :)

        Cost: $45/Per Player

        Lodging: The Tournament Hotel

        Country Inn & Suites

        2020 Old Peshtigo Ct.

        Marinette, WI 54143

        (715) 732-4300

        Rate: $78.05 with all taxes - 2 queens non-smoking/per night

        Block Name: Underwater Hockey - Held Until March 15, 2011

        Hotel Website: http://www.countryinns.com/marinette-hotel-wi-54143/wimarine

        Tournament Hotel is located across the parking lot from the banquet restaurant, the Rail House Brew Pub,  and is the best hotel in the area.  It also features a hot tub and pool area open from 7am-12 midnight.  It has a complimentary hot breakfast buffet in the mornings.  It also has free wi-fi internet in the rooms and common areas.

        Team or Individual REGISTRATION DUE BY April 1st:
        Send: (1) Team Name, (2) # of Players and (3) Check ($45/per player) to:
        Steven Kars
        7660 Perkins 30.5 Rd
        Rapid River, MI 49878

        INFORMATION:
        For Information Call: 906-399-7857 or E-Mail:
        info@...

        RULES:

        1. Tournament Waivers will be required and be available before the competition.

        2. No waiver – no play. Players under 18 must have a parental signature.

        3. Play will be 6 on 6 with side subbing from the deck. NO HEAD-FIRST DIVING.

        4. Ear and mouth guards required, head gear/ear guards must match stick color.

        5.  WAA rules apply with minor exceptions (e.g. pool dimensions, goals, contrasting glove rule). DOWNLOAD rules HERE: http://www.refereesguild.org/

        6. Minnesota rule will be in effect. Each team will provide 2 referees for the next game.

        7. There will be 2 water and 2 deck referees.

        8. Unsporting behavior and unsafe play will not be tolerated. Game or Tournament Ejection may result.

        9. Captains meeting at 8:30 am on Saturday, by the gear table.

        10. Black sticks will start games in the deep end.

        4 Hr. Intermediate Level Clinic - Sunday April 17th from 7:30am - 11:30am

        This clinic will feature skills for the intermediate level player to help him/her enhance
        their game. The following are the topics for this clinic:
        1. Gear for the Game
        2. Shooting Development and Improvement
        3. Puck Control & Techniques
        4. Areas of Play
        5. Dry Land puck training, importance of it
        6. Swim Training to improve your game

        The Clinic will involve pool side “Chalk Talk” followed by a skill-set/game set for each topic area. It will be an involved 4 hr clinic and the overall goal of this clinic is to provide some best practices to help improve your game and help take you to the next step. We will be finished up at 11:30am in order for the participants to drive home on Sunday.

        Clinic Cost: $20.00/per person, payment will be taken at the tournament on Saturday.

        How to Sign Up: To sign up for the clinic, send and email to: info@... with the subject line: Clinic, and please provide:

        1. Name
        2. Address
        3. Phone Number
        4. Email
        5. Club where you normally play
        6. Playing Experience: # of Years Playing, Position(s) normally played
        7. What you would like to get out of this clinic
        Tournament Webpage:  http://www.canamuwhgear.com/tournament/

        with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.