Fwd: [hockeynet:653] USA Nationals

  • Elizabeth Hughes
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2009
    • bilsborr@msu.edu
      Message 2 of 3 , May 12, 2009
        All,
        Now that school is out and summer is here, it's time to start thinking about nationals.  We as a club are planning on going, right?  Does anyone know how many have expressed interest yet?  I for one would be interested in going and I am curious who else is in the same boat.  I know the registration deadline is in a few weeks, and I didn't want to be left out.  Mal, let me know how much I owe you and I'll try to hook you up when I am back in E. Lansing.

        -Josh

      • Jeremy Rem
        Message 3 of 3 , May 14, 2009
          This is posted on Facebook as an event as well but I am just reposting it here so everyone knows whats going on. Also encase I forgot to add someone to the event.

          OK today is the 14th of May we have until the 28th of this month to get our payment in for Nationals. That is just 2 weeks away.

          If you have never been to Nationals I HIGHLY recommend going! It is a great chance to meet people from all around the country who also play this crazy sport that we love and get to hang out with and form friendships.

          If you are interested in going you need to get your payment to me by the 28th of May if you pay you will be on a team and play.

          We also need to start a discussion of travel arrangements and other such details but as a starting point I will give you this rough travel schedule:

          Leave East Lansing Thursday June 25 @10am

          Arrive in Minneapolis @7-8pm

          Check in at Radisson Hotel (we have 1 hotel room booked already)

          Play Hockey All Day Friday

          Play Hockey All Day Saturday

          Play Hockey All Day Sunday

          Sunday Evening Banquet and festivities

          Monday Morning leave @ 12pm noon

          Arrive East Lansing @10pm

          I think renting a car might be the best option unless people have vehicles that they can offer up to use for travel.

          Cost: $85 Tournament fee + $5 Development fee + 30 Banquet fee + 25 USOA membership fee = $145 total tournament cost

          Of course more discussion will need to be had but we need to get the ball rolling on this ASAP.

          Tournament Dates:

          June 26, 27 & 28 at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis.

          Captains Meeting Friday morning (Time 9:00am)

          Play to start after the captains meeting.

          Tournament Costs:

          Team Fees: $850 per team plus $5 per person USOA development fee

          (People without teams contact us for help locating a team, flinguwh@...)

          Banquet Costs: $30 per person

          Cash bar

          Additional Beer option - $13 for wrist band. You can drink the beer until it is gone. We will have a minimum of 3 kegs.

          You must be a minimum of 21 years old on June 28, 2009 to consume alcoholic beverages at the banquet.