Nationals.... Yay!!!

  • Patricia Simon
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2008
      Ok, so this is the official Nationals email... so read!

      Nationals is the last weekend in July in Gainesville, Florida. The dates are July 25-27.

      1) Let me know if you plan on going to Nationals. You can shoot me an email as soon as possible.

      2) Next, you need to send me forms and money. I have broken it down as follows:

      Tournament cost
      70$ per team member + 5$ USOA Required Tournament Fee. The tournament cost is 700$ for a team of up to 12 people. So if we end up sending a full team of 12 people, we will use the extra money to all go out to eat as a team one of the nights as we have done in the past.

      Banquet Dues- $26 per adult (specify if you want a vegetarian meal)

      Beer Dues- $10 (must be 21) This is for a wristband that will allow you to drink all the beer you want at the banquet... until they run out of course.

      USOA forms/dues- not optional
      For all those who haven't filled out a USOA waiver yet, you need to do so before Nationals (this needs to be done once a year). The waiver can be found at http://grove.ufl.edu/~uwh/index_files/USOA2008waiver8x11.pdf so please print it, fill it out and send it to me. USOA dues are 25$ per person.

      T-shirt - $15, please specify size. T-shirt design can be found at http://grove.ufl.edu/~uwh/index_files/nationals.htm

      So, I should be receiving an envelope with a minimum of 100$ (tourney + USOA dues).
      If you want to attend the banquet also - 126$,
      Tourney + banquet + beer - 136$
      Tourney + banquet + T-shirt - 141$
      Tourney + banquet + beer + t-shirt - 151$

      Also T-shirt size, and completed OSOA form.

      Please send to:
      Tricia Simon
      11497 Monroe Rd.
      Portland, MI 48875

      3) Lodging. I need to know what people would like to do for housing in Gainesville. We could try to stay someplace for free, or we could get a room at the hotel where the banquet is like we did last year and cram us all in there. That ended up being really cheap and convenient... so let me know what you guys prefer.

      4) Transportation. How are people planning on getting to Florida? Although some might fly, it might be easier/cheaper to rent a big van and drive down together if a bunch of us are leaving from the East Lansing area. Let me hear your thoughts on this too.

      Ok, so that is the all of it. Let me know as soon as possible if you plan to play with MSU at Nationals, and send me your forms/money by June 18. I will also need to know by June 18th if we want to reserve a hotel room. Sigh.... I think that is all, for now...

      Love-
      Your trusty UWH Director,
      Tricia
    • Carly DeHenau