Re: Help Report after Seattle Trip

  • diegojer26
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2010
      Rob,

      This is great info - thanks for taking the time to write it up.

      Your note about using the &embedded attribute in URLs allowed me to fix the popup issue I had posted about earlier.

      One note: using the &embedded=true; attribute only seems to hide the embedded content correctly when using Internet Explorer. When displaying Help content in other browsers (Chrome, FireFox), the topic renders with the search box line and grey "Search" text still visible (and overlaying the existing topic content).

      Jeremy
    • Paul O'Rear
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2010

        Just a note – this will not be fixed for RTM unfortunately, but we’ll look at it for SP1. We’re on the home stretch and this doesn’t meet the bar. The embedded attribute was only intended for 3rd party viewers, not for alternate web browsers. That said, I understand the scenario:

        1)      User wishes to maintain one browser as their default web browser

        2)      User also wishes to define a browser other than their default web browser as the default browser for Help Viewer 1.0

        In that scenario, you’ve used the 3rd party viewer feature to specify a web browser, which was not what we anticipated.

        P.