Re: [MSG-1] MSG 1 - Rapid Scan Products Summer 2007 - Eumetsat Announcment

  • Ulrich G. Kliegis
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 1, 2007
      David, thanks for that just-in-time reply.

      On 1 Jun 2007 at 6:26, David J Taylor wrote:

      > You steps sound fine, with the exception of (e). This data is not the RSS
      > data - that was from Meteosat-6 and was disseminated in several different
      > sectors including Europe alone (EUR) and a rather extended region (the
      > full scan) called full rapid scan (FRS).

      Oooops.

      > This new data is exactly like the old MSG-1 HRIT data, except that instead
      > of being at 15 minute intervals and covering the whole earth, it is at 5
      > minute intervals covering the northern part of the scan. So undo your
      > settings for RSS, and redo the channels you want for MSG-1 HRIT. Be sure
      > to save the results to a separate \images\ tree.

      That's being taken care off, I have a MSG-1 - root tree and a MSG-2 one
      (err, two, too!)

      Thanks, I'll correct that immediately. Dissemination starts at 0900 UTC
      today, IIRC.

      Tschüß,

      U.
    • Alan Banks
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 1, 2007
        Hi David,
        Have done settings as you advise. One question. On the setup page MSGDM
        has a visible time slots 0000 - 2345. Will the program miss the last two
        5 min slots?
        My email from ops suggested data should flow from 0900.

        Alan

        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 1, 2007
          David,
          now there is a new question:
          All 'regular' images are stored in, say, ..\msg-2\images\*
          RSS-scans are stored in ..\msg-1\images\*

          How can I persuade MSG animator to look into both paths?

          Thanks in advance!

          Cheers,
          U.
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 1, 2007
            Alan Banks wrote:
            > Hi David,
            > Have done settings as you advise. One question. On the setup page
            > MSGDM has a visible time slots 0000 - 2345. Will the program miss the
            > last two 5 min slots?
            > My email from ops suggested data should flow from 0900.
            >
            > Alan

            No, the default limits include all images.

            I haven't had a confirmation e-mail yet from EUMETSAT, so I'm checking
            with them right now.

            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 1, 2007
              Ulrich G. Kliegis wrote:
              > David,
              > now there is a new question:
              > All 'regular' images are stored in, say, ..\msg-2\images\*
              > RSS-scans are stored in ..\msg-1\images\*
              >
              > How can I persuade MSG animator to look into both paths?
              >
              > Thanks in advance!
              >
              > Cheers,
              > U.

              Ulrich,

              As yet, I don't know, as I haven't tried it.

              I expect that you will need to create a second MSG Animator instances,
              with a different directory and .EXE name. You would then probably need to
              edit the registry to point the second MSG Animator at the new data set.

              As this is a time-limited trial, I may just leave it at that.

              By the way, discussions about my software are more on-topic at the
              SatSignal Yahoo group.

              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 1, 2007
                Folks,

                I can confirm reception of the 0855 5-minute repeat cycle this morning
                (2007 June 01).

              • Douglas Deans
                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 1, 2007
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jun 1, 2007
                    In message <0ec701c7a42d$6d0e3640$0900a8c0@narvik>, David J Taylor
                    <gm8arv@...> writes
                    >Folks,
                    >
                    >I can confirm reception of the 0855 5-minute repeat cycle this morning
                    >(2007 June 01).
                    >
                    >Cheers,
                    >David

                    That's good to know - unfortunately it isn't happening here, so either
                    another operator error here or an error in enabling of the EKU -
                    unlikely I know, but it has happened!

                    Cheers
                    James
                    --
                    James Brown
                  • James Brown
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 1, 2007
                      In message <WHm+T5Bho+XGFw5m@...>, James Brown
                      <satellite@...> writes
                      >In message <0ec701c7a42d$6d0e3640$0900a8c0@narvik>, David J Taylor
                      ><gm8arv@...> writes
                      >>Folks,
                      >>
                      >>I can confirm reception of the 0855 5-minute repeat cycle this morning
                      >>(2007 June 01).
                      >>
                      >>Cheers,
                      >>David
                      >
                      >That's good to know - unfortunately it isn't happening here, so either
                      >another operator error here or an error in enabling of the EKU -
                      >unlikely I know, but it has happened!
                      >
                      >Cheers
                      >James

                      actually it was operator error - edited the wrong rec.channels file!!

                      It looks as if Data Manager is seeing the files come and go so quickly
                      that I'm not actually seeing any of them on the screen - but they are
                      being processed!

                      Cheers
                      James
                      --