RE: [MSG-1]

  • Moore, Robert
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 2:44 AM
      Thanks for the observations on my problem James - really moving into new territory for me
      1. I don't suppose your EKU is getting flaky? I know some had to be recalled a long while back now.
      ** It's been fine up until now - how would I check the EKU?
      3. I don't suppose your graphics are being fed from a share of the M/B memory are they, as opposed to a discreet graphics card? That might just be stealing cycles if it were the case.
      ** This is a new one for me - how do I find out?
      4.Do a Google search for your motherboard adding the word 'problems' just to see if others are experiencing hiccoughs as well.
      ** Yes, I'll certainly have a go at this.
      Today is the last day for a couple of weeks that I can look at all closely at my setup - when others go on holiday academics go to conferences, and I have an important one coming up shortly, for which work has to be done. So if I don't get things fixed today I may have to wait a while. I'll also try to take the card out today and relocate it, which will give me a chance to make sure there is good contact with the cable. But I'd like to try your other suggestions first.
      Thanks again
      Robert

    • a_van_belle
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1 3:24 AM
        Faulty EKU: Check the number on your EKU
        "Message from Eumetsat:
        Following the failure of several EUMETCast Key Units (EKU) within the
        serial number range 00090-00210, it is believed this batch of EKU
        eTokenTM Pro 16k may have firmware not compatible with the EUMETCast
        multicast. The preferred approach to this problem is to recall all the
        affected EKUs and replace them with the EKUs compatible with the
        firmware for use with EUMETCast multicast software."

        I strongly suggest you do not put the Skystar card in another slot,
        this will give a lot of problems and may require a remove and
        reinstall of drivers and software. other reports tell me that if there
        is an IRQ conflict there is no reception at all.

        Only remove the card, check that all the gold contacts are clean and
        re-seat the card into the same slot.
        Check that the F-connector has not become loose from the coaxial cable
        and that the inner core is not bend. The inner core should stick out
        2 to 5 mm.

        About your system (Dell), it did run Ecast succesfully before and you
        did a fresh install so I don't expect this to be the problem.

        Greetings,
        Arne van Belle