RE: MPEG pictures

  • Kobus Botha
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hi All
      I see in the "regular reports" of Eumetcast that MPEG pictures will be
      disseminated from 6 February on the
      Meteorological Products channel. Do anybody have more information on
      this- like every 15 minutes- size of pictures, etc. I believe that MPEG
      is the same as MPE( multisensor precipitation estimate).
      Greetings- Kobus Botha- South Africa.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
        Kobus Botha wrote:
        > Hi All
        > I see in the "regular reports" of Eumetcast that MPEG pictures will be
        > disseminated from 6 February on the
        > Meteorological Products channel. Do anybody have more information on
        > this- like every 15 minutes- size of pictures, etc. I believe that
        > MPEG is the same as MPE( multisensor precipitation estimate).
        > Greetings- Kobus Botha- South Africa.

        Yes, Kobus, it's the same data which you can get already via FTP. It's
        fully supported by the beta version of my MSG Data Manager, and the
        current release of my GRIB Viewer:

        http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/software/beta.htm

        http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/software/grib-viewer.htm

        The same software also supports the Fire data which is being released at
        the same time. The data is 3712 pixels square, showing a full disk image
        at 3km central resolution.

        By the way - don't get confused. MPEG = MPE in GRIB format. They are
        /not/ MPEG movies.

      • Kobus Botha
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
          Thank's David.
          This is very good news- and important for all the visiters to this
          group. By the way, I am using the new Gribviewer of David now for
          about two months- and as all his other programmes it is a winner.
          Cheers- Kobus.

          In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "David J Taylor" <gm8arv@...> wrote:

          > Kobus Botha wrote:
          > > Hi All
          > > I see in the "regular reports" of Eumetcast that MPEG pictures
          will be
          > > disseminated from 6 February on the
          > > Meteorological Products channel. Do anybody have more information
          on
          > > this- like every 15 minutes- size of pictures, etc. I believe that
          > > MPEG is the same as MPE( multisensor precipitation estimate).
          > > Greetings- Kobus Botha- South Africa.
          >
          > Yes, Kobus, it's the same data which you can get already via FTP.
          It's
          > fully supported by the beta version of my MSG Data Manager, and the
          > current release of my GRIB Viewer:
          >
          > http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/software/beta.htm
          >
          > http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/software/grib-viewer.htm
          >
          > The same software also supports the Fire data which is being
          released at
          > the same time. The data is 3712 pixels square, showing a full disk
          image
          > at 3km central resolution.
          >
          > By the way - don't get confused. MPEG = MPE in GRIB format. They
          are
          > /not/ MPEG movies.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > David
          > --
          > SatSignal software - quality software written to your requirements
          > Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
          > Email: davidtaylor@...

          > The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email
          address from your Internet provider.
          http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html