RE: [MSG-1] Re: Segment Loss

  • ferdinand valk
    Message 1 of 81 , Jun 1, 2006
      I have been using Diskeeper 10 for about two months now on (amongst others)
      a four disk machine running 24/7 (XP pro) using the smart defragmentation
      settings. When I look at the Volume Map of three of the drives, they always
      appear as fully defragmented whereas the most active disk where the
      EUMETCast files are stored appears as somewhat fragmented. When I do a
      manual defragmentation on that disk, the program runs for about a minute and
      then all is blue again. This means in my view that Diskeeper does do a good
      job in keeping things in order and that the visual presentation in the
      Volume Map looks worse than in reality it is. I have no secondary, or FAAST
      job set.

      I have never been able to associate missing segments with running the
      program. It seems that in my case there has been no increase in missing
      segments since I am using Diskeeper.

      Since I have no experience with predecessors of version 10 I can not judge
      if it is worth to upgrade to it, but this version does wonders to my
      systems.

      Cheers,

      Ferdinand

      _____

      Message 81 of 81 , Sep 6, 2009
        gm8arv@... writes:

        As advised by EUMETSAT some time back, in recv-channels.ini, something
        like:

        [Info-Channel-1]
        target_directory=received

        [Info-Channel-2]
        target_directory=received

        David,

        Just seen this in response to James - so no need to respond to my last
        posting.

        I'll give this a try.

        Regards,
        John.