lost

  • Ap van Weeren
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
      Wish everyone a nice peaceful 2006.
      Reporting a small problem. Lost in the right corner my purple "T"
      and green ball. But everything is working OK, checked msconfig,
      server4PC and tc-recv present.
      Anybody any idea?
      Thanks,
      AP
    • ferdinand valk
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
        Maybe hidden "unused" icons? Do you have the << sign in the bottom right
        corner?

        Ferdinand

        _____

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
          This happens to my set-up all the time and does not appear to effect the
          running of the system.

          Another "Feature" of the XP O/S I suspect!

          Wishing all a Happy New year!
          David P

          David Painter
          education co-ordinator
          http://www.geo-web.org
          Join GEO!

          > Maybe hidden "unused" icons? Do you have the << sign in the bottom right
          > corner?
          >

          > Ferdinand
          >

          > _____

        • Ap van Weeren
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
            Ferdiand, are not behind <<
            Ap

            --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "ferdinand valk" <fvalk@f...> wrote:

            > Maybe hidden "unused" icons? Do you have the << sign in the bottom
            right
            > corner?
            >

            > Ferdinand
            >

            > _____

          • John Bent
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
              Make sure you havent got "hide inactive icons" ticked in the taskbar
              properties (right click on the taskbar to get the menu).

              It maybe that Windows has sen them as inactive and hidden them.

              John

              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
                Tks John, maybe that's the case, clear not-active icons"" was
                checked. So a restart maybe needed.
                Another problem now occurs with the start of the year 2006. The losd
                gives that evrything is coming in, but now pics in MSG datamanager.
                I cannot see 2006 MSG1-images HRIT etc.
                Probably David can give a hint.
                Tks anyway, all the best.
                Ap

                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
                  Ap van Weeren wrote:
                  > Tks John, maybe that's the case, clear not-active icons"" was
                  > checked. So a restart maybe needed.
                  > Another problem now occurs with the start of the year 2006. The losd
                  > gives that evrything is coming in, but now pics in MSG datamanager.
                  > I cannot see 2006 MSG1-images HRIT etc.
                  > Probably David can give a hint.
                  > Tks anyway, all the best.
                  > Ap

                  Ap, maybe you missed this message in the SatSignal Yahoo group? Please be
                  sure that you are running the current versions of the software (including
                  the MSG Animator) and not some outdated beta versions. You can download
                  the current versions of both programs from the Web site below.

                  A very Happy New Year, folks.

                  A reminder, that if you are still running a beta version of the MSG Data
                  Manager, and have no data since the end of December 2005, you should now
                  download and install the current version from:

                  http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/software/msg_dm.htm

                  This version (V1.5.6) will solve your problems, although it may take a few
                  minutes to catch up with the backlog of data. One of the earlier beta
                  versions did advertise that it included a time-lock, and of course beta
                  versions are not intended for production systems.

                  SatSignal Software - quality software written to your requirements
                  Web: http://www.satsignal.net
                  Email: davidtaylor@...
                • Ap van Weeren
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
                    --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "David J Taylor" <david-taylor@b...>
                    wrote:

                    > Ap van Weeren wrote:
                    > > Tks John, maybe that's the case, clear not-active icons"" was
                    > > checked. So a restart maybe needed.
                    > > Another problem now occurs with the start of the year 2006. The
                    losd
                    > > gives that evrything is coming in, but now pics in MSG
                    datamanager.
                    > > I cannot see 2006 MSG1-images HRIT etc.
                    > > Probably David can give a hint.
                    > > Tks anyway, all the best.
                    > > Ap
                    >
                    > Ap, maybe you missed this message in the SatSignal Yahoo group?
                    Please be
                    > sure that you are running the current versions of the software
                    (including
                    > the MSG Animator) and not some outdated beta versions. You can
                    download
                    > the current versions of both programs from the Web site below.
                    >

                    > A very Happy New Year, folks.
                    >

                    > A reminder, that if you are still running a beta version of the
                    MSG Data
                    > Manager, and have no data since the end of December 2005, you
                    should now
                    > download and install the current version from:
                    >
                    > http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/software/msg_dm.htm
                    >
                    > This version (V1.5.6) will solve your problems, although it may
                    take a few
                    > minutes to catch up with the backlog of data. One of the earlier
                    beta
                    > versions did advertise that it included a time-lock, and of course
                    beta
                    > versions are not intended for production systems.
                    >
                    > Cheers,
                    > David
                    > --
                    > SatSignal Software - quality software written to your requirements
                    > Web: http://www.satsignal.net
                    > Email: davidtaylor@w...

                    David,
                    Happy New year,
                    Sorry didn't see the SatSignalgroup message , will do what you
                    advised.
                    In the meantime my purple T is back.
                    Stupid start of the year from this side.
                    All the best and many tks,
                    Ap
                  • Ian Deans
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 2, 2006
                      I must admit I find this as well with XP (Professional) At least twice a day
                      and sometimes more, my desktop screen will refresh automatically and in
                      about 10% of these I will lose a number of taskbar icons including Tellique.
                      However the program continues to work and as I do not run Eumetcast
                      overnight the reboot resolves the matter.

                      Regards
                      Ian.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 2, 2006
                        Ian Deans wrote:
                        > I must admit I find this as well with XP (Professional) At least
                        > twice a day and sometimes more, my desktop screen will refresh
                        > automatically and in about 10% of these I will lose a number of
                        > taskbar icons including Tellique. However the program continues to
                        > work and as I do not run Eumetcast overnight the reboot resolves the
                        > matter.
                        >
                        > Regards
                        > Ian.

                        Ian,

                        Just to the left of where the system tray icons live, there is a little
                        round button with a left chevron. Click that button to reveal the hidden
                        icons. But perhaps that isn't the problem?

                        Happy New Year!

                        SatSignal Software - quality software written to your requirements
                        Web: http://www.satsignal.net
                        Email: davidtaylor@...
                      • Douglas Deans
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 2, 2006
                          >I must admit I find this as well with XP (Professional) At least twice a
                          >day
                          > and sometimes more, my desktop screen will refresh automatically and in
                          > about 10% of these I will lose a number of taskbar icons including
                          > Tellique.
                          > However the program continues to work and as I do not run Eumetcast
                          > overnight the reboot resolves the matter.
                          >
                          > Regards
                          > Ian.

                          I have XP Home but make sure that in 'Taskbar and Start Menu Properties' you
                          do NOT have 'Hide Inactive Icons' ticked.
                          Apologies for being slightly off-topic.

                          Regards
                          Douglas.
                        • Ian Deans
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 2, 2006
                            Thanks David for the reply, but I can confirm that when some of my Taskbar
                            icons disappear after an unenforced refresh they are not "hidden". I have
                            checked, but like Douglas I do not have " Hide Inactive Icons" ticked.
                            Sorry slightly off topic, but when Tellique icon disappears maybe puts it
                            back on topic !!

                            Happy New Year to you and Cecilia.

                            Regards
                            Ian.

                            >> I must admit I find this as well with XP (Professional) At least
                            >> twice a day and sometimes more, my desktop screen will refresh
                            >> automatically and in about 10% of these I will lose a number of
                            >> taskbar icons including Tellique. However the program continues to
                            >> work and as I do not run Eumetcast overnight the reboot resolves the
                            >> matter.
                            >>
                            >> Regards
                            >> Ian.
                            >
                            > Ian,
                            >
                            > Just to the left of where the system tray icons live, there is a little
                            > round button with a left chevron. Click that button to reveal the hidden
                            > icons. But perhaps that isn't the problem?
                            >
                            > Happy New Year!
                            >
                            > David
                            > -
                          • Alan Sewards
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 2, 2006
                              David, Ian,
                              I doubt if this is your problem, but it is much more satisfactory to
                              run with this automatic icon hider turned off, as then you can see at a
                              glance what is running and what is new. To turn it off, right click
                              taskbar, select Properties and left click. This results in a window
                              entitled Taskbar and Start Menu Properties. At the bottom, under
                              Notification Area, is a box with Hide inactive icons against it. Make
                              sure this is unchecked.

                              Happy New Year to all.

                              Alan

                              David J Taylor wrote:
                              > Ian Deans wrote:
                              > > I must admit I find this as well with XP (Professional) At least
                              > > twice a day and sometimes more, my desktop screen will refresh
                              > > automatically and in about 10% of these I will lose a number of
                              > > taskbar icons including Tellique. However the program continues to
                              > > work and as I do not run Eumetcast overnight the reboot resolves the
                              > > matter.
                              > >
                              > > Regards
                              > > Ian.
                              >
                              > Ian,
                              >
                              > Just to the left of where the system tray icons live, there is a little
                              > round button with a left chevron. Click that button to reveal the hidden
                              > icons. But perhaps that isn't the problem?
                              >
                              > Happy New Year!
                              >
                              > David
                              > --
                              > SatSignal Software - quality software written to your requirements
                              > Web: http://www.satsignal.net
                              > Email: davidtaylor@...
                              >

                              > Unsure what a term means? Check the Glossary at:
                              > http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/wxsat/glossary.htm

                              Alan Sewards
                              email: alan.sewards@...
                              b.sewards@...

                              web site: http://asewards.free.fr

                              Message 14 of 14 , Jan 2, 2006
                                Ian Deans wrote:
                                > Thanks David for the reply, but I can confirm that when some of my
                                > Taskbar icons disappear after an unenforced refresh they are not
                                > "hidden". I have checked, but like Douglas I do not have " Hide
                                > Inactive Icons" ticked. Sorry slightly off topic, but when Tellique
                                > icon disappears maybe puts it back on topic !!
                                >
                                > Happy New Year to you and Cecilia.
                                >
                                > Regards
                                > Ian.

                                Thanks, Ian (from us both).

                                I still run TelliCast on Windows 2000, so I haven't seen this particular
                                problem. Red icons, yellow icons, and multiple icons - yes, missing icons
                                while it's still working - no!