Re: Hurricane animations

  • Fred
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1 2:06 AM
      As a lazy person I prefer the easiness of Autoget: mark the images
      you want and the data flows... :-)

      OK the hard reality. I installed Perl and GetChart and looked to the
      examples. My first impression is that it will be difficult. All the
      examples use a unique name with a hard-coded time and they don't
      change over the days.
      The IR-images of the FY-satellite are stored in a structure like
      DataManager: maps for years, months and days. The examples don't use
      a structure like that so I must read something about Perl (my
      knowledge of it is nil) to see if it's possible. This can take some
      time. If someone have ideas please let us know.

      Of course I will share the results.

      Greetings

      Fred

      --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "David J Taylor" <david-taylor@b...>
      wrote:
      > Fred wrote:
      > > I used the hourly .jpg from the Chinese satellite on
      > > http://www.nsmc.cma.gov.cn/SCB/F2C/. You must change some times
      (like
      > > 0457 to 0500)to add them to the animation. Anybody know a quick
      way to
      > > download them all at once? (Autoget in the future perhaps??)
      > []
      > > Fred
      >
      > Fred,
      >
      > Thanks to Francis Breame, there is now a completely user-
      programmable
      > alternative to AutoGet called getCharts, which is available for
      download
      > from:
      >
      > http://uk.geocities.com/vf0123@b.../index.html
      >
      > This program should enable you to download these charts
      automatically. I
      > recommend you try that program, and perhaps share your FY2C
      settings with
      > the rest of us.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > David
      > --
      > SatSignal Software - quality software written to your requirements
      > Web: http://www.satsignal.net
      > Email: davidtaylor@w...
    • Peter Green
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 3 4:21 AM
        Hi David

        I note that the dates on items 2,3,4 & 5 are 2004!

        Pete

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 3 5:28 AM
          Peter Green wrote:
          > Hi David
          >

          > I note that the dates on items 2,3,4 & 5 are 2004!
          >

          > Pete

          Then your FTP or browser program is broken, or not displaying the file
          modification dates. Please try entering this URL into your browser:

          ftp://ftp.blueyonder.co.uk/store1/incoming/GOES/

          The file were uploaded this year, I assure you!

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 3 9:59 AM

            Strange, Firefox gives the incorrect dates as listed, Microsoft IE6 gives
            the correct!

            Sorry

            Pete

            > I note that the dates on items 2,3,4 & 5 are 2004!
            >

            > Pete

            Then your FTP or browser program is broken, or not displaying the file
            modification dates. Please try entering this URL into your browser:

            ftp://ftp.blueyonder.co.uk/store1/incoming/GOES/

            The file were uploaded this year, I assure you!

            SatSignal Software - quality software written to your requirements
            Web: http://www.satsignal.net

            http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/wxsat/glossary.htm

            _____

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            on the web.

            _____

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 3 10:32 AM
              Peter Green wrote:
              > David
              >

              > Strange, Firefox gives the incorrect dates as listed, Microsoft IE6
              > gives the correct!
              >

              > Sorry
              >

              > Pete

              Pete,

              Under some operating systems, files can have more than one date. For
              example, Windows provides creation date, modified date and last-accessed
              date. I would be surprised if one of those were wrong on this particular
              FTP server, but it is possible that different applications choose to
              display different dates. Date modified is the one normally chosen.