Server4PC and error "no valid password"

  • Gerald
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2005
      Hi

      Since yesterday I can not start Server4PC (last start of it was on 28th
      dec -> everything was ok). There is only a popup window with the message "no
      valid password".
      Reinstall of Server4PC -> no change
      I use administrator rights and version 4.3.0.

      Any idea ?

      Gerald
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
        Gerald wrote:
        > Hi
        >
        > Since yesterday I can not start Server4PC (last start of it was on
        > 28th
        > dec -> everything was ok). There is only a popup window with the
        > message "no valid password".
        > Reinstall of Server4PC -> no change
        > I use administrator rights and version 4.3.0.

        I didn't know that Server4PC required a password. Do you perhaps mean the
        Tellique software? I found that a software reboot is sometimes required
        after a hardware reset to get that to work properly (a PC stopped working
        after a nearby lightning strike late last year).

      • gerald_ihninger@surfeu.at
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
          Hi David

          Yes, it is server4PC and I sent a message to technisat.
          After a search with Google I found 2 or 3 tasks about this error. Maybe
          it could a trouble with any XP update and therefore server4PC has a trouble
          to read (convert) epg.mdb. Hmmmm...

          Cheers
          Gerald

          >-- Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht --
          >To: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
          >From: "David J Taylor" <david-taylor@...>
          >Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 10:00:59 -0000
          >Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Server4PC and error "no valid password"
          >

          >Gerald wrote:
          >> Hi
          >>
          >> Since yesterday I can not start Server4PC (last start of it was on
          >> 28th
          >> dec -> everything was ok). There is only a popup window with the
          >> message "no valid password".
          >> Reinstall of Server4PC -> no change
          >> I use administrator rights and version 4.3.0.
          >
          >I didn't know that Server4PC required a password. Do you perhaps mean
          the

          >Tellique software? I found that a software reboot is sometimes required
          >
          >after a hardware reset to get that to work properly (a PC stopped working
          >
          >after a nearby lightning strike late last year).
          >
          >Cheers,
          >David
          >

          >Unsure what a term means? Check the Glossary at:
          >http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/wxsat/glossary.htm
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

          Tiscali Merlin- inkl. 250 MB Traffic nur 24,50 Euro / Monat
          Tiscali Pokus - Internet zum Fixpreis nur 49,99 Euro / Monat
          Tiscali Webspace - Domain inkl. Webspace - ab 6,99 Euro / Monat

          Tiscali bietet Ihnen ADSL Breitband Internet Zugänge zu sensationellen Preisen
          an!

          Mehr zu unseren Produkten finden Sie auf unserer Homepage www.tiscali.at
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
            gerald_ihninger@... wrote:
            > Hi David
            >
            > Yes, it is server4PC and I sent a message to technisat.
            > After a search with Google I found 2 or 3 tasks about this error.
            > Maybe
            > it could a trouble with any XP update and therefore server4PC has a
            > trouble to read (convert) epg.mdb. Hmmmm...
            >
            > Cheers
            > Gerald

            OK, I can see that Gerald. I always think of Tellique as causing all the
            password problems!

            Unfortunately, I'm running my Server4PC software on Windows 2000 systems,
            which I do keep up-to-date with patches. Perhaps someone else who is
            running XP can help you?

            SatSignal Software - quality software written to your requirements
            Web: http://www.satsignal.net
            Email: davidtaylor@...
          • Gerald
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
              Hi David

              Server4PC is running now. I have deleted the .mdb files by hand and I made a
              reinstall of server4PC again.
              But I don't know the reason of my trouble.

              Cheers
              Gerald

              >> Yes, it is server4PC and I sent a message to technisat.
              >> After a search with Google I found 2 or 3 tasks about this error.
              >> Maybe
              >> it could a trouble with any XP update and therefore server4PC has a
              >> trouble to read (convert) epg.mdb. Hmmmm...
              >>
              >> Cheers
              >> Gerald
              >
              > OK, I can see that Gerald. I always think of Tellique as causing all the
              > password problems!
              >
              > Unfortunately, I'm running my Server4PC software on Windows 2000 systems,
              > which I do keep up-to-date with patches. Perhaps someone else who is
              > running XP can help you?
              >
              > Cheers,
              > David
              > --
              > SatSignal Software - quality software written to your requirements
              > Web: http://www.satsignal.net
              > Email: davidtaylor@...
              >

              > Unsure what a term means? Check the Glossary at:
              > http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/wxsat/glossary.htm
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Guy Martin
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 4, 2005
                A long shot..... .mdb files are normally access database files, and there
                are some of these in the Server4PC folders. Access .mdb files have been
                known to acquire a password of their own volition, perhaps when the correct
                sequence of keys is accidentally hit, this happens frequently at school with
                the students' files.
                As I say, a long shot.

                Cheers, Guy