RE: [MSG-1] Setup help please

  • Roger Mawhinney
    Message 1 of 34 , Oct 1, 2003
      Dave
      You need to add a Data Service for Eumetsat. You can either install the
      Tellique DVB software which will remove the tv4PC viewer and all the
      channels or you can add the Data Service manually via Setup4pc and thus
      retain your TV channels.

      In this latter case run the Technisat setup4pc - Satellite Settings - Data
      Services
      Provider Name - Add : IP Cast EUMETSAT
      Transponder - Add - Transponder: 11096 MHz : H/L
      Name: MSG
      Proxy IP Address: 0.0.0.0
      Proxy Port Number: 0
      Check : Initial Locking Transponder
      Unicast MAC Filter: Broadband Receiver
      PIP List - Add (check Hexadecimal):
      0x0064
      0x012C
      0x012D
      0x01F4
      - Uncheck: Autoset Multicast PIDs
      Uncheck: Proxy Auto-Authentication

      Assuming Technisat server4PC is running, right click and select the IP Cast
      EUMETSAT service. You must of course have installed the Tellique tqrecv
      software and edited the recv.ini file with your logon name and password.
      Good luck
      Roger

      Message 34 of 34 , Oct 6, 2003
        In a message dated 04-10-03 16:58:54 GMT Daylight Time,
        douglas@... writes:

        > I think Ian's point is a fair one. Although this card gets a tremendous
        > write up it is extremely cheap by comparison with others. I would not like
        > to have to replace a full HRIT or LRIT receiver but this card is less than
        > most cheap graphics cards.... not that I don't hope it will last for many
        > years.
        >
        > Regards
        > Douglas.

        Douglas,

        Indeed.
        Who would have thought 18 months ago events would have turned out, from a
        cost,
        logistics and 'technical' sense, from the sublime to the ridiculous - or
        rather that
        should be the other way around.

        And, I have several different makes of satellite TV receivers that run very
        hot.

        Regards,
        John.