Met-9

  • Ian Deans
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 24, 2013
      It looks like Met-9 has developed a “wobble” as well now. The AVI’s have had a noticeable shake for at least 48 hours.

      It is difficult to see on the animations covering a wide area, but on close-ups and the expanded AVI’s it is a real nuisance.

      Regards
      Ian.

    • Douglas Deans
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 24, 2013
        It looks like Met-9 has developed a “wobble” as well now. The AVI’s have
        had a noticeable shake for at least 48 hours.

        It is difficult to see on the animations covering a wide area, but on
        close-ups and the expanded AVI’s it is a real nuisance.

        Regards
        Ian.

        Yes disappointing. I am seeing this as well.
        No confirmation as to whether it is the same thing (low fuel movement) as
        Meteosat 8 has.
        Hopefully not, at this early stage in Meteosat 9's RSS life.

        Regards,
        Douglas.
      • Simon Proud
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 24, 2013
          I suspect this is due to the co-location of the sun along the equator.
          Looking at the raw data it's clear that the HRV strips are aligned using
          Earth horizon mode rather than sun sensing mode (same as MSG-1) and that
          makes them harder to process into the L15 images.
          If that's correct then it'll fix itself in time. I also vaguely remember
          that this happened with the MSG-1 RSS during solar co-location even before
          it developed the sensor problem. Fingers crossed!

          Cheers,
          Simon