Re: [MSG-1] Strange memory loss

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013
      David,

      thanks for that advice. I guess that's the reason. I am not sure if the
      system actually
      restarted unattendedly, I could check the log files. But since I am sure
      that I did not
      stop this instance of msgdm (why stop a running system? :) ) I'll cycle it
      though a
      controlled exit and manual restart right now.

      Since the system runs flawlessly otherwise, there was absolutely no reason
      restore it. So, that can be ruled out too.

      Thanks again for your advice!

      Cheers,
      U.

      Ulrich,

      You could look for event 6005 in the Windows System event log. I have a
      preset query which does that on the Windows-7 systems.

      One point I should make is that the MSG Data Manager will try and handle a
      Windows shutdown elegantly, by saving its images, and saving its settings.
      Windows sends a message to all running programs that it is closing down.
      Depending on how many images you have, it could take 20-30 seconds for the
      MSG Data Manager to close down completely. A system crash is not an elegant
      shutdown, though!