Re: [MSG-1] Re: Black T on red - USB problems

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 27, 2013
      Hi,

      I believe that what happens with the USB system is that when a device
      is first plugged in, the driver for it is found and attached to the port
      in use. If you plug it in to another port subsequently, there will be no
      driver for it and Windows will find the driver and load it again, tying
      that port to the new driver. Some devices, like the eToken, are
      installed on the port first used and must be re-installed if another
      port is to be used. Its a good principle to note the port you use for
      each device and ensure that when you unplug things, that they are
      reconnected in the same way as originally.

      Best regards - Alan S

      .. and if it's a new DBV receiver device, it may get a new IP address, so
      that's worth checking as well.

      If you are getting just a trickle of data, though, TelliCast must be
      connecting to the announcement channel (PID 100), but may not be talking to
      the eToken to get authorisation to receive the data. This should show in
      the TelliCast log file.

      If it's the IP address issue, best to give the device a new fixed IP address
      such as 192.168.238.239, edit recv.ini in the TelliCast directory to match,
      and restart TelliCast. Oh, and be careful to edit the "right" recv.ini if
      you installed TelliCast in the \Program Files\ tree - this is mentioned on
      the EUMETSAT CD and they recommend avoiding such directories (IIRC).

      I recently had occasion to move my DVB World box from a USB 3.0 to a USB 2.0
      to get it to work properly and altered the IP address as I suggested.

      Anyway, great that Philip (AKA Dave) found and resolved the problem -
      fortunately my eToken has stayed in the same port as it's the only one where
      I can keep an eye on it!