Re: Black T on red

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 27, 2013
      Hi Rob,
      I did switch the usb connection from my technisat to a different port on my computer and I got the pink T for a second and this went to blackT on yellow with the msg tc-recv connecting, but it will not connect, and stays on the yellow/blackT
      I think therefore I had the Technisat skystar usb connected to the wrong usb port. However I still cant get to the pink T to receive information.

      While I have been typing somethings strange happening. I still have the yellow.black T and I had a very small amount of information go along the TELLICAST Throughput(bits/second)That's now stopped and no throughput taking place at all.The ACTIVE channels box now stays permanently on connecting.
      Would this be a password problem now do you think
      Philip

      --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, rob wrote:

      > Hi, Philip.
      > A red T means: tellicast doesn't receive any PID100 info channel. That
      > has nothing to do with password, etoken etc.; it's more like you are not
      > receiving any signal, or firewall is blocking your received data, or
      > interface_address in recv.ini is incorrect.
      >
      > Password and etoken issues come into the picture After you get a pink
      > T.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Rob Alblas
      >

      > Dave schreef op 2013-01-27 11:31:
      > > Hi,
      > > As a continuation of the lost password for etoken problem. I
      > > reinstalled eumetsat from the CD and put what I believe was my user
      > > name and password during the procedure, and had a list of hotkeys
      > > after, so I presume that must have been the correct password I
      > > entered.
      > > I continued with the setup, but I am still at my original problem of
      > > a black T in red with tc-rcv connect failed. I double click on the
      > > black T and I have information
      > > Status:Config error
      > > in Active Channels : TSL announcement channel shows state Error.
      > >
      > > I wonder if the user name and password are incorrect. If so I cant
      > > understand during setup with the eumetsat CD, the user name and
      > > password seemed to be accepted and allowed me to continue with the
      > > setup.
      > >
      > > I am really struggling to get my setup going again.
      > > Any help would be much appreciated.
      > > Thanks
      > > Philip
      > >

      > > ------------------------------------
      > >
      > > Unsure what a term means? Check the Glossary at:
      > > http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/glossary.htm
      > >
      > > Join GEO - the Group for Earth Observation
      > > for the informative GEO Quarterly magazine:
      > > http://www.geo-web.org.uk/
      > >
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Dave
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 27, 2013
        Hi, everthing I thinks sorted now. I also had the etoken key in the wrong usb slot. I moved it to another and it worked. They must only work in the usb slot that the etoken was in when the eumetsat software was setup.
        Thanks for help from others on here. having the correct USB connection ports seemed to be the real fault.

        Philip
        --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" wrote:

        > Hi Rob,
        > I did switch the usb connection from my technisat to a different port on my computer and I got the pink T for a second and this went to blackT on yellow with the msg tc-recv connecting, but it will not connect, and stays on the yellow/blackT
        > I think therefore I had the Technisat skystar usb connected to the wrong usb port. However I still cant get to the pink T to receive information.
        >
        > While I have been typing somethings strange happening. I still have the yellow.black T and I had a very small amount of information go along the TELLICAST Throughput(bits/second)That's now stopped and no throughput taking place at all.The ACTIVE channels box now stays permanently on connecting.
        > Would this be a password problem now do you think
        > Philip
        >
        > --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, rob wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi, Philip.
        > > A red T means: tellicast doesn't receive any PID100 info channel. That
        > > has nothing to do with password, etoken etc.; it's more like you are not
        > > receiving any signal, or firewall is blocking your received data, or
        > > interface_address in recv.ini is incorrect.
        > >
        > > Password and etoken issues come into the picture After you get a pink
        > > T.
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > > Rob Alblas
        > >

        > > Dave schreef op 2013-01-27 11:31:
        > > > Hi,
        > > > As a continuation of the lost password for etoken problem. I
        > > > reinstalled eumetsat from the CD and put what I believe was my user
        > > > name and password during the procedure, and had a list of hotkeys
        > > > after, so I presume that must have been the correct password I
        > > > entered.
        > > > I continued with the setup, but I am still at my original problem of
        > > > a black T in red with tc-rcv connect failed. I double click on the
        > > > black T and I have information
        > > > Status:Config error
        > > > in Active Channels : TSL announcement channel shows state Error.
        > > >
        > > > I wonder if the user name and password are incorrect. If so I cant
        > > > understand during setup with the eumetsat CD, the user name and
        > > > password seemed to be accepted and allowed me to continue with the
        > > > setup.
        > > >
        > > > I am really struggling to get my setup going again.
        > > > Any help would be much appreciated.
        > > > Thanks
        > > > Philip
        > > >

        > > > ------------------------------------
        > > >
        > > > Unsure what a term means? Check the Glossary at:
        > > > http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/glossary.htm
        > > >
        > > > Join GEO - the Group for Earth Observation
        > > > for the informative GEO Quarterly magazine:
        > > > http://www.geo-web.org.uk/
        > > >
        > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Alan Sewards
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 27, 2013
          Hi,

          I believe that what happens with the USB system is that when a device
          is first plugged in, the driver for it is found and attached to the port
          in use. If you plug it in to another port subsequently, there will be no
          driver for it and Windows will find the driver and load it again, tying
          that port to the new driver. Some devices, like the eToken, are
          installed on the port first used and must be re-installed if another
          port is to be used. Its a good principle to note the port you use for
          each device and ensure that when you unplug things, that they are
          reconnected in the same way as originally.

          Best regards - Alan S

          --
          Alan Sewards
          émail: alan@...
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 27, 2013
            Hi,

            I believe that what happens with the USB system is that when a device
            is first plugged in, the driver for it is found and attached to the port
            in use. If you plug it in to another port subsequently, there will be no
            driver for it and Windows will find the driver and load it again, tying
            that port to the new driver. Some devices, like the eToken, are
            installed on the port first used and must be re-installed if another
            port is to be used. Its a good principle to note the port you use for
            each device and ensure that when you unplug things, that they are
            reconnected in the same way as originally.

            Best regards - Alan S

            .. and if it's a new DBV receiver device, it may get a new IP address, so
            that's worth checking as well.

            If you are getting just a trickle of data, though, TelliCast must be
            connecting to the announcement channel (PID 100), but may not be talking to
            the eToken to get authorisation to receive the data. This should show in
            the TelliCast log file.

            If it's the IP address issue, best to give the device a new fixed IP address
            such as 192.168.238.239, edit recv.ini in the TelliCast directory to match,
            and restart TelliCast. Oh, and be careful to edit the "right" recv.ini if
            you installed TelliCast in the \Program Files\ tree - this is mentioned on
            the EUMETSAT CD and they recommend avoiding such directories (IIRC).

            I recently had occasion to move my DVB World box from a USB 3.0 to a USB 2.0
            to get it to work properly and altered the IP address as I suggested.

            Anyway, great that Philip (AKA Dave) found and resolved the problem -
            fortunately my eToken has stayed in the same port as it's the only one where
            I can keep an eye on it!