Re: MSG 3

  • kobusbotha999
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 19, 2013
      Thanks very much David- highly appreciated.
      Also thanks so much to Douglas Deans for the reports on satellites- really great work!
      Blessed 2013 to all the members here.
      Kobus Botha- South Africa

      --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "David J Taylor" wrote:

      > Hi All
      > I am a bit outdated with what is going on-had a big back operation.
      > Am I correct that the change over to Meteosat10 is on this Monday(21 Jan.)
      > at 09h30 UTC? Anything special we have to do- except to put in MSG3 in on
      > MSG Datamanager(advanced option).
      > Have a nice day- Kobus Botha- South Africa
      >
      > It's 21 January 2013 09:45 UTC, and the details are here:
      >
      > http://www.eumetsat.int/Home/Main/Satellites/SP_2012113011418367?l=en
      >
      > You have the changeover method correct for my own software. Fingers
      > crossed! And thanks for asking, because I had assumed Tuesday, when all the
      > major changes /normally/ take place!
      >
      > Cheers,
      > David
      > --
      > SatSignal Software - Quality software written to your requirements
      > Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
      > Email: david-taylor@...

    • Geoff Morris
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 21, 2013
        Now been taking MSG-3 from 9.45. All seems ok. Just Changed to MSG-3 in
        data manager in setup/advanced. Not deleting other at the moment. Will
        let things settle down first.

        Geoff
        --

        Geoff Morris GW3ATZ
        Tel 01244 818252

      • f5hcc
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 27, 2013
          Hi All,
          Well... I missed something !!!
          With MSG Data Manager (V2.5.52.1015), I only get "Monde-FSD" (French version, should be "World-FSD in English" pictures but no pictures on MSG HRIT...
          Can someone help me ?
          Thanks in davance.
          Fabrice, F5HCC.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 27, 2013
            Hi All,
            Well... I missed something !!!
            With MSG Data Manager (V2.5.52.1015), I only get "Monde-FSD" (French
            version, should be "World-FSD in English" pictures but no pictures on MSG
            HRIT...
            Can someone help me ?
            Thanks in davance.
            Fabrice, F5HCC.

            Fabrice, it's in the FAQ:

            http://www.satsignal.eu/software/faq.htm#msg2-to-msg3

            The current version is rather later than the one you have - please download
            and install the new version. It's a free update.

            73,
            David GM8ARV
          • f5hcc
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 27, 2013
              Hi David,
              Thank you for your help, it's OK now !!!
              73 from Fabrice, F5HCC.