Re: [MSG-1] Re: MSG 3

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 19, 2013
      Hi All
      I am a bit outdated with what is going on-had a big back operation.
      Am I correct that the change over to Meteosat10 is on this Monday(21 Jan.)
      at 09h30 UTC? Anything special we have to do- except to put in MSG3 in on
      MSG Datamanager(advanced option).
      Have a nice day- Kobus Botha- South Africa

      It's 21 January 2013 09:45 UTC, and the details are here:

      http://www.eumetsat.int/Home/Main/Satellites/SP_2012113011418367?l=en

      You have the changeover method correct for my own software. Fingers
      crossed! And thanks for asking, because I had assumed Tuesday, when all the
      major changes /normally/ take place!

    • kobusbotha999
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 19, 2013
        Thanks very much David- highly appreciated.
        Also thanks so much to Douglas Deans for the reports on satellites- really great work!
        Blessed 2013 to all the members here.
        Kobus Botha- South Africa

        --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "David J Taylor" wrote:

        > Hi All
        > I am a bit outdated with what is going on-had a big back operation.
        > Am I correct that the change over to Meteosat10 is on this Monday(21 Jan.)
        > at 09h30 UTC? Anything special we have to do- except to put in MSG3 in on
        > MSG Datamanager(advanced option).
        > Have a nice day- Kobus Botha- South Africa
        >
        > It's 21 January 2013 09:45 UTC, and the details are here:
        >
        > http://www.eumetsat.int/Home/Main/Satellites/SP_2012113011418367?l=en
        >
        > You have the changeover method correct for my own software. Fingers
        > crossed! And thanks for asking, because I had assumed Tuesday, when all the
        > major changes /normally/ take place!
        >
        > Cheers,
        > David
        > --
        > SatSignal Software - Quality software written to your requirements
        > Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
        > Email: david-taylor@...

      • Geoff Morris
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 21, 2013
          Now been taking MSG-3 from 9.45. All seems ok. Just Changed to MSG-3 in
          data manager in setup/advanced. Not deleting other at the moment. Will
          let things settle down first.

          Geoff
          --

          Geoff Morris GW3ATZ
          Tel 01244 818252

        • f5hcc
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 27, 2013
            Hi All,
            Well... I missed something !!!
            With MSG Data Manager (V2.5.52.1015), I only get "Monde-FSD" (French version, should be "World-FSD in English" pictures but no pictures on MSG HRIT...
            Can someone help me ?
            Thanks in davance.
            Fabrice, F5HCC.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 27, 2013
              Hi All,
              Well... I missed something !!!
              With MSG Data Manager (V2.5.52.1015), I only get "Monde-FSD" (French
              version, should be "World-FSD in English" pictures but no pictures on MSG
              HRIT...
              Can someone help me ?
              Thanks in davance.
              Fabrice, F5HCC.

              Fabrice, it's in the FAQ:

              http://www.satsignal.eu/software/faq.htm#msg2-to-msg3

              The current version is rather later than the one you have - please download
              and install the new version. It's a free update.

              73,
              David GM8ARV
            • f5hcc
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 27, 2013
                Hi David,
                Thank you for your help, it's OK now !!!
                73 from Fabrice, F5HCC.