Re: MSG 3

  • kobusbotha999
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 18, 2013
      Hi All
      I am a bit outdated with what is going on-had a big back operation.
      Am I correct that the change over to Meteosat10 is on this Monday(21 Jan.) at 09h30 UTC? Anything special we have to do- except to put in MSG3 in on MSG Datamanager(advanced option).
      Have a nice day- Kobus Botha- South Africa
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 19, 2013
        Hi All
        I am a bit outdated with what is going on-had a big back operation.
        Am I correct that the change over to Meteosat10 is on this Monday(21 Jan.)
        at 09h30 UTC? Anything special we have to do- except to put in MSG3 in on
        MSG Datamanager(advanced option).
        Have a nice day- Kobus Botha- South Africa

        It's 21 January 2013 09:45 UTC, and the details are here:

        http://www.eumetsat.int/Home/Main/Satellites/SP_2012113011418367?l=en

        You have the changeover method correct for my own software. Fingers
        crossed! And thanks for asking, because I had assumed Tuesday, when all the
        major changes /normally/ take place!

      • kobusbotha999
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 19, 2013
          Thanks very much David- highly appreciated.
          Also thanks so much to Douglas Deans for the reports on satellites- really great work!
          Blessed 2013 to all the members here.
          Kobus Botha- South Africa

          --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "David J Taylor" wrote:

          > Hi All
          > I am a bit outdated with what is going on-had a big back operation.
          > Am I correct that the change over to Meteosat10 is on this Monday(21 Jan.)
          > at 09h30 UTC? Anything special we have to do- except to put in MSG3 in on
          > MSG Datamanager(advanced option).
          > Have a nice day- Kobus Botha- South Africa
          >
          > It's 21 January 2013 09:45 UTC, and the details are here:
          >
          > http://www.eumetsat.int/Home/Main/Satellites/SP_2012113011418367?l=en
          >
          > You have the changeover method correct for my own software. Fingers
          > crossed! And thanks for asking, because I had assumed Tuesday, when all the
          > major changes /normally/ take place!
          >
          > Cheers,
          > David
          > --
          > SatSignal Software - Quality software written to your requirements
          > Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
          > Email: david-taylor@...

        • Geoff Morris
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 21, 2013
            Now been taking MSG-3 from 9.45. All seems ok. Just Changed to MSG-3 in
            data manager in setup/advanced. Not deleting other at the moment. Will
            let things settle down first.

            Geoff
            --

            Geoff Morris GW3ATZ
            Tel 01244 818252

          • f5hcc
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 27, 2013
              Hi All,
              Well... I missed something !!!
              With MSG Data Manager (V2.5.52.1015), I only get "Monde-FSD" (French version, should be "World-FSD in English" pictures but no pictures on MSG HRIT...
              Can someone help me ?
              Thanks in davance.
              Fabrice, F5HCC.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 27, 2013
                Hi All,
                Well... I missed something !!!
                With MSG Data Manager (V2.5.52.1015), I only get "Monde-FSD" (French
                version, should be "World-FSD in English" pictures but no pictures on MSG
                HRIT...
                Can someone help me ?
                Thanks in davance.
                Fabrice, F5HCC.

                Fabrice, it's in the FAQ:

                http://www.satsignal.eu/software/faq.htm#msg2-to-msg3

                The current version is rather later than the one you have - please download
                and install the new version. It's a free update.

                73,
                David GM8ARV
              • f5hcc
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 27, 2013
                  Hi David,
                  Thank you for your help, it's OK now !!!
                  73 from Fabrice, F5HCC.